Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings.
The OWASP Karachi is FREE and OPEN to anyone interested in learning more about application security mainly web application. We encourage individuals to provide knowledge transfer via hands-on training and presentations of specific OWASP projects and research topics and sharing SDLC knowledge. The chapter is committed to providing an engaging experience for a variety of audience types ranging from local students and those beginning in app-sec, to those experienced and accomplished professionals who are looking for competent collaborators for OWASP-related projects. To this end, we will continue to conduct regular presentations regarding application security at every level specifically to the universities and corporate.
OWASP Karachi shall enable organizations to develop, buy and maintain web applications that can be trusted. That shall be done by:
- Being a professional security community and an important meeting place for exchange of competence and experience related to application security, both theoretical and practical;
- Promote establishment of social and professional relationships;
- Contribute to identify, analyze and in a practical way solve important issues related to application security;
- Being a leading actor and contribute to the development of methods, standards and services etc related to application security;
- Being the ideal body of consultation for security questions related to application security that is important both for the members and for the society at large.
Haseen Usman Ahmed - Co-Chapter Leader
Haseen Usman Ahmed is a seasoned information security practioner having diverse working experience ranging from Network design, Information Security risk assessment, ethical hacking/Penetration testing incident handling and digital forensics. He is also an articulate trainer and has conducted numerous workshops and training sessions for clients such as banks, universities and government agencies globally and have more than 8 years local and international trainings . He is also frequent speaker and contributor on various research projects in the areas of information assurance and information warfare and has authored material for many large companies and involve design many IT security certifications. Some of the certifications he holds are C)PTE, SANS GPEN, L|PT , E|CSA, C|HFI, C|EH and ISO IEC 27001 etc.