Kansas City April 2008 Meeting
The Kansas_City OWASP chapter met on April 30, 2008 at Centriq Training in Leawood, KS.
Current chapter priorities include the following:
- Volunteer to give an OWASP presentation
- Talks can anything from a short review of a whitepaper or presentation you've seen, to a web application security tool or product review, to a longer technical talk about attacks or countermeasures
- Volunteer your organization to host an OWASP meeting
- Invite other professionals or students to attend our next OWASP meeting
Speakers: Karen Fritsche & Sarah Heinen on Security Access Mark-up Language (SAML) & Single Sign-on Implementation
To accomplish a Web Single Sign-On application with their brokerage back office vendor, American Century Investments solution included the use of SAML. This presentation will provide an overview of: SAML, its benefits and several Single Sign-On options; integration, architecture and configuration options; and the SAML SSO implementation completed by American Century Investments.
Karen Fritsche is an Application Architect and Sarah Heinen is a Programmer / Analyst with American Century Investments in Kansas City. As part of the IT application development team that supports the company's retail web sites www.americancentury.com and www.learningquestsavings.com, they focus on the secure on-line financial transactions of the sites, either through internal services or by establishing single sign-on connectivity to third party vendor sites.
- Karen & Sarah's presentation slides