|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
OWASP Kansas City
Welcome to the Kansas City chapter homepage. If you have any questions about the Kansas City Chapter, please send an email to our chapter leader, Justin Ferguson, or directly to our mailing list at email@example.com.
OWASP-KC’s mission is to be a welcoming community for Web Application Developers and Information Security Professionals to learn, communicate, and share their perspectives at a common table.
We will be holding regular meetings on the 4th Tuesday of every month (opposite SecKC!). Thanks to the generosity of the Kauffman Foundation, our meetings are currently held at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center at 4801 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO.
The OWASP Foundation is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and are guided by the Chapter Leader Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized chapter donation button.
OWASP Kansas City is ALWAYS looking for speakers. If you have a AppSec-focused project or topic you would like to present at an OWASP meeting, please contact our chapter leaders!
OWASP is a member-supported organization. OWASP membership is not required to attend our meetings, but every time one of our members purchases an OWASP membership, some of those funds come to our local chapter. We also appreciate all Donations!
Our meetings will be held the fourth Tuesday of each month!
Chapter MeetingsVisit our group on meetup.com
- Mar 26, 2019 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly MeetingLeawood Pioneer Library, 4700 Town Center Drive · Leawood , KSOur March meeting will feature Eric Guillen. Eric is a lead information security engineer, focusing on penetration testing and red teaming, at a local organization with a high quality security group. Eric is also active in the local InfoSec community. Eric will be speaking on Bug Bounties: There's lots of information regarding being a bug bounty researcher, but what about the organizations having (read more)
- Feb 26, 2019 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly MeetingThe Kansas City Public Library: Central Library, 14 W 10th St · Kansas City, MOOur February meeting will be held at the Kansas City Public Library's Central Library. Our speaker will be Jim Duey, owner of Intensive Systems Consulting, and lead developer for Toccata (http://www.toccata.io/), a programming language designed from the ground up to allow implementation of secure-sessioned web applications. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Jan 31, 2019 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly MeetingKauffman Foundation Conference Center, 4801 Rockhill Road · Kansas City, MORESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER! Our January speaker will be Josh White. Josh gave us a great presentation last year on SSL Cipher Suites, and is back this year to speak about "Web Application Frameworks vs Application Security"! We will be back at our Kauffman Center location for this month! Hope to see everyone there!
- Nov 27, 2018 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly MeetingLeawood Pioneer Library, 4700 Town Center Drive · Leawood , KSOur November OWASP Meeting will be held in the Large Conference Room at the Leawood Pioneer Public Library! We will have pizza and (non-alcoholic) beverages, sponsored by OWASP-KC, and a raffle for a Google Titan hardware security key set! (Please RSVP in advance to make sure we have enough pizza!) Our speakers will be Alex Lauerman and Justin Ferguson. Their talk will be a comprehensive overview (read more)
- Oct 23, 2018 (18:30): Open Web App Security Project - Kansas City Chapter Monthly Meeting31w31 Non-Profit Village, 31 W. 31st Street · Kansas City, moOctober's OWASP-KC chapter meeting will be held at the 31w31 Non-Profit Village at 31 W. 31st Street, Kansas City, MO, with pizza and drinks sponsored by Auth0! Our speaker will be Jeremy Meiss with Auth0, speaking on Passwordless Authentication: Passwords. Can we forget them now please?It seems that hardly a month goes back that we don't hear about a new data breach and seemingly billions of user (read more)
Connect with OWASP-KC
LinkedIn: OWASP Kansas City
Mailing List: OWASP KC E-mail List
Facebook: OWASP KC Facebook