June 6, 2011
Meeting rescheduled for 6/20/2011
- 1 Roll call
- 2 Reading and approval of prior month meeting minutes
- 3 Finance Report
- 4 Committee reports (regular and special)
- 5 Old/unfinished business
Board of Directors (Jeff, Tom, Dave, Seba, Matt, Eoin)
To track and record mins., of this meeting via your @OWASP account Click Here
Reading and approval of prior month meeting minutes
Report Submitted by: Alison April 2011 P&L and Balance Sheet
Status 2010 Tax Filing - TBD
Committee reports (regular and special)
Seba - International OWASP Foundation EU - Update
Global Connections Update
Global Membership Update
Notes for June Board Meeting 
Membership report 2-June
Total Individual Members - Click Here
Global Industry Update
Global Projects Update
- OWASP Website
- Recent accomplishments Status Report by Paulo and Future Goals
Global Education Update
- University contacts
- zaki's success with another university supporter
- Kuai's successes (I only know from word) in the US (Tom was involved?)
- Partner effort
- in contact with a European Goverment sponsored initiative of European Universities goal is the creation of an Euorpean standarized security curriculum
- In contact with ENISA: discussing possibilities to join Education Project efforts (conference call planned for next week)
- In negotiation with Hacking-Labs (https://www.hacking-lab.com/) they want to offer free usage of teh "Hacking-Labs Remote" services question I am currently try to work out, on what base we can make this happen (would be a great push for the OWASP Academy Portal (OWASP)
- renewed contact with Security Innovations about using (and linkin) the OWASP TeamMentor with the OWASP Academy Portal
Global Chapters Update
OWASP LatAm Tour
Global Conferences Update
BOARD VOTE REQUESTED
Updates and Changes to Conference Supervision by Committees
1. Global AppSec Events will remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.
2. Partner Events and Outreach (representation) will remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.
3. Local and Regional Events will move underneath the umbrella of the Global Chapter Committee.
Counter proposal A
Updates and Changes to Conference Supervision by Committees (counter proposal)
- Conferences and Chapters will continue their existing roles.
- Conferences will work to bolster support for local events and define events.
Counter proposal B
- Events expecting over 100 attendees* shall remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.
- Events expecting less than 100 will move underneath the umbrella of the Global Chapter Committee.
- Partner Events and Outreach (representation) will remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.
* With the exception of regular chapter meetings which on very few occasions will be larger than this, I believe only NY/NJ has this issue currently
OWASP Contact Us Status Report
OWASP Backoffice Systems: RegOnline, Salesforce, Other - Update.
Suggestions for the good of OWASP / New Business
Jeff Williams - June 3rd Proposed OWASP Platform model
Tom - Retain 3rd party international global accounting company and provide legal recommendations (heath check) Proposal for review of international organization structure 5k
AppSecEU Good of OWASP Feedback -Remove conflict of interest from global committees limiting (1) member per company as part of application process and governance -OWASP Website project update: project activities in-progress Mailing List -Experiment status with NING see: http://my.owasp.org 135 site members, Fourms, Blogs -Global Committee Consolidation - Observations and Recommendations submitted 10-Jun via email.
Next meeting date/time