Difference between revisions of "June 6, 2011"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(9 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 29: Line 29:
 
== Global Membership Update ==
 
== Global Membership Update ==
 
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Membership_Committee
 
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Membership_Committee
 +
 +
Notes for June Board Meeting [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1oLwPAVS6NOwzEM3k5ZOBkbL6wKXReTTf99Dtc2cupqY/edit?hl=en_US]
  
 
Membership [https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_membership_committee/2011-June/000565.html report] 2-June
 
Membership [https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_membership_committee/2011-June/000565.html report] 2-June
Line 35: Line 37:
  
 
== Global Industry Update ==
 
== Global Industry Update ==
[[Media:GIC_update_4_29_2011.pdf| Global Industry Committee]]
 
  
== Global Projects Update ==
+
[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1WTTmmpc2bx3IZ9f5zU2ubTG_BrCxxrXzVHnUQUIzAWI/edit?hl=en_US Industry Outreach Notes from AppSec EU]
GPC [https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AWvv_7Gz8Z7TZGdmOGZybWhfMTBreGR6bTNkZA&hl=en&authkey=CNOj5oEH update] - None
+
  
[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/RFO_and_hosting_information Request for OPEN Quotations (RFO-Q) For Dedicated Hosting Requirements - Update Matt T.]
+
== Global Projects Update ==
 +
* GPC [https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dgf8frmh_12hm95qcg9 update]
 +
* Project Hosting Infrastructure [http://sl.owasp.org/project-hosting-rfp RFP]
  
NING [http://my.owasp.org http://my.owasp.org] updated status
+
* OWASP Website
 +
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/RFO_and_hosting_information Request for OPEN Quotations (RFO-Q) For Dedicated Hosting Requirements - Update Matt T.]
 +
**NING [http://my.owasp.org http://my.owasp.org] updated status
  
Recent accomplishments [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/June_6,_2011/Project_Manager%27s_Report Status Report by Paulo] and Future Goals
+
* Recent accomplishments [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/June_6,_2011/Project_Manager%27s_Report Status Report by Paulo] and Future Goals
 
+
Inactive Alpha Projects
+
  
 
== Global Education Update ==
 
== Global Education Update ==
 
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Education_Committee
 
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Education_Committee
 +
* University contacts
 +
**zaki's success with another university supporter
 +
** Kuai's successes (I only know from word) in the US (Tom was involved?)
 +
* Partner effort
 +
** in contact with a European Goverment sponsored initiative of European Universities goal is the creation of an Euorpean standarized security curriculum
 +
** In contact with ENISA: discussing possibilities to join Education Project efforts (conference call planned for next week)
 +
** In negotiation with Hacking-Labs  (https://www.hacking-lab.com/) they want to offer free usage of teh "Hacking-Labs Remote" services question I am currently try to work out, on what base we can make this happen  (would be a great push for the OWASP Academy Portal (OWASP)
 +
** renewed contact with Security Innovations about using (and linkin) the OWASP TeamMentor with the OWASP Academy Portal
  
 
== Global Chapters Update ==
 
== Global Chapters Update ==
[[Media:Chapters_update_April2011.pdf| Global Chapters Committee]]
 
 
 
[[Global Chapter Committee/Meetings/May 2011|Meeting minutes may Meeting]]
 
[[Global Chapter Committee/Meetings/May 2011|Meeting minutes may Meeting]]
  
Line 62: Line 70:
 
[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1PrGmwy1pxs2cb4LyewXS4TonbzAY7nORWvj-NJYaEnk/edit?hl=en_US AppSecEU 2011 chapters workshop outcome]
 
[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1PrGmwy1pxs2cb4LyewXS4TonbzAY7nORWvj-NJYaEnk/edit?hl=en_US AppSecEU 2011 chapters workshop outcome]
  
== Global Conference Update ==
+
== Global Conferences Update ==
 
[https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AcFE6Oyqbn2cZGhmY3Qyc2NfNjlkanBjZ25mMg&hl=en_US&authkey=CLnn4ooG Committee Update Presentation]
 
[https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AcFE6Oyqbn2cZGhmY3Qyc2NfNjlkanBjZ25mMg&hl=en_US&authkey=CLnn4ooG Committee Update Presentation]
  
Line 113: Line 121:
 
OWASP Backoffice Systems: RegOnline, Salesforce, Other - Update.
 
OWASP Backoffice Systems: RegOnline, Salesforce, Other - Update.
  
== Suggestions for the good of OWASP ==
+
== Suggestions for the good of OWASP / New Business ==
 
+
  
 
Jeff Williams -  June 3rd [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1ea4jWVDziLcZMTJUC5qW5psWYROpB-oPlqyl4Ei2xHA/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CKycuTY Proposed OWASP Platform model]
 
Jeff Williams -  June 3rd [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1ea4jWVDziLcZMTJUC5qW5psWYROpB-oPlqyl4Ei2xHA/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CKycuTY Proposed OWASP Platform model]
  
Seba - Update on OWASP EU
+
Tom - Retain 3rd party international global accounting company and provide legal recommendations (heath check) [https://www.owasp.org/images/0/09/OWASP_Finalized_Engagement_Letter_June_20_2011.pdf Proposal] for review of international organization structure 5k
 
+
Tom - Retain 3rd party international lawyer /  global accounting company [https://www.owasp.org/images/5/55/OWASP_Eisner_Amper_proposal.pdf Background Proposal]
+
  
 
AppSecEU Good of OWASP Feedback
 
AppSecEU Good of OWASP Feedback
 
-Remove conflict of interest from global committees limiting (1) member per company as part of application process and governance
 
-Remove conflict of interest from global committees limiting (1) member per company as part of application process and governance
 +
-OWASP Website project update: [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Talk:Summit_2011_Working_Sessions/Session023#On_Designs.2C_Layout_and_Standards project] activities in-progress [https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-website/ Mailing List]
 +
-Experiment status with NING see: [http://www.my.owasp.org http://my.owasp.org] 135 site members, [http://myowasp.ning.com/forum Fourms], [http://myowasp.ning.com/profiles/blog/list Blogs]
 +
-Global Committee Consolidation - Observations and Recommendations submitted 10-Jun via email.
 +
 +
Eoin
 +
 +
Seba
 +
 +
Matt
  
** Website project inprogress - Experiment status with NING see: [http://www.my.owasp.org http://my.owasp.org] and website design [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Talk:Summit_2011_Working_Sessions/Session023#On_Designs.2C_Layout_and_Standards project] RFQ to professional designer
+
Dave
  
Global Committee Consolidation - Observations and Recommendations submitted 10-Jun
+
== Closing ==
  
== Closing Remarks ==
+
Next meeting date/time

Latest revision as of 10:52, 20 June 2011

Meeting rescheduled for 6/20/2011

Contents

Roll call

Board of Directors (Jeff, Tom, Dave, Seba, Matt, Eoin)

To track and record mins., of this meeting via your @OWASP account Click Here

Reading and approval of prior month meeting minutes

May 2nd meeting mins

Finance Report

Report Submitted by: Alison April 2011 P&L and Balance Sheet

Status 2010 3rd Party Audit Report - TBD

Status 2010 Tax Filing - TBD

Committee reports (regular and special)

Seba - International OWASP Foundation EU - Update

Global Connections Update

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Connections_Committee

Global Membership Update

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Membership_Committee

Notes for June Board Meeting [1]

Membership report 2-June

Total Individual Members - Click Here

Global Industry Update

Industry Outreach Notes from AppSec EU

Global Projects Update

  • GPC update
  • Project Hosting Infrastructure RFP

Global Education Update

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Education_Committee

  • University contacts
    • zaki's success with another university supporter
    • Kuai's successes (I only know from word) in the US (Tom was involved?)
  • Partner effort
    • in contact with a European Goverment sponsored initiative of European Universities goal is the creation of an Euorpean standarized security curriculum
    • In contact with ENISA: discussing possibilities to join Education Project efforts (conference call planned for next week)
    • In negotiation with Hacking-Labs (https://www.hacking-lab.com/) they want to offer free usage of teh "Hacking-Labs Remote" services question I am currently try to work out, on what base we can make this happen (would be a great push for the OWASP Academy Portal (OWASP)
    • renewed contact with Security Innovations about using (and linkin) the OWASP TeamMentor with the OWASP Academy Portal

Global Chapters Update

Meeting minutes may Meeting

OWASP LatAm Tour

Chapter Health Report

AppSecEU 2011 chapters workshop outcome

Global Conferences Update

Committee Update Presentation

Global Conference Sponsorship Doc

BOARD VOTE REQUESTED

Updates and Changes to Conference Supervision by Committees

1. Global AppSec Events will remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.

2. Partner Events and Outreach (representation) will remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.

3. Local and Regional Events will move underneath the umbrella of the Global Chapter Committee.

Additional Documentation

Rational - Counter Argument

Chapter Finance Policy and Procedure

OCMS

Counter proposal A

Updates and Changes to Conference Supervision by Committees (counter proposal)

  • Conferences and Chapters will continue their existing roles.
  • Conferences will work to bolster support for local events and define events.

Committee Supervison of Events Rational

Counter proposal B

  1. Events expecting over 100 attendees* shall remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.
  2. Events expecting less than 100 will move underneath the umbrella of the Global Chapter Committee.
  3. Partner Events and Outreach (representation) will remain under the Supervision of the Global Conference Committee.

* With the exception of regular chapter meetings which on very few occasions will be larger than this, I believe only NY/NJ has this issue currently

Old/unfinished business

ByLaws

Election Policy - Updated - 2011 Election Candidates - Click Here

OWASP - Budgeting thoughts by Matt Tesauro


New business

OWASP Contact Us Status Report

OWASP Backoffice Systems: RegOnline, Salesforce, Other - Update.

Suggestions for the good of OWASP / New Business

Jeff Williams - June 3rd Proposed OWASP Platform model

Tom - Retain 3rd party international global accounting company and provide legal recommendations (heath check) Proposal for review of international organization structure 5k

AppSecEU Good of OWASP Feedback -Remove conflict of interest from global committees limiting (1) member per company as part of application process and governance -OWASP Website project update: project activities in-progress Mailing List -Experiment status with NING see: http://my.owasp.org 135 site members, Fourms, Blogs -Global Committee Consolidation - Observations and Recommendations submitted 10-Jun via email.

Eoin

Seba

Matt

Dave

Closing

Next meeting date/time