June 11, 2012 SB Report
Sarah Baso - Activity for May 2012 (Prepared for June 11, 2012 Board Meeting)
Note: At the April Board Meeting, it was decided to shift Sarah's primary area of responsibility to global events(previously split between chapters and conferences). Scope of responsibility and revised responsibilities has been discussed between Sarah Baso and Kate Hartmann and is pending Board approval. Also transition of Chapters responsibilities to Kate Hartmann should be completed by the end of Q2.
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: No changes, currently 5 members: Seba Deleersnyder, Tin Zaw, Josh Sokol, Ivy Zhang, and Gustavo Barbato
- Committee Chair: Josh Sokol
- May Committee Meeting Minutes
- 2012 Chapters Committee Budget - $14,896 of the GCC's $25,000 budget remaining($10,104 spent), estimated additional costs for Chapters Workshop (including sponsored attendees) $5,000.
- 'Next Meetings scheduled for:
- Monday, June 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM (20:00) UTC/GMT
- Tuesday, June 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM (01:00) UTC/GMT
- Ongoing - Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through Contact Us Form are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ongoing - Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
- Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
- Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.
- Coordinating Chapters Workshops at 4 Global AppSec Events and possibly AppSec India.
- Workshop in Athens Greece- expecting 15-20 people
- Wrote invitation letters for attendees VISA (where necessary) and coordinating travel arrangements for OWASP sponsored participants.
- Chapter Metrics:
- Active Chapters: 193
- Active Chapter Leaders/Board Members: 422
New Chapters and Chapter restarts in May: 6
- New Chapters:
- Ahmedabad, India
- Virtual Chapter
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: no changes, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri, and Benny Ketelslegers,.
- Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
- New recurring meeting time: the third Wednesday of the month at 3pm GMT/UTC. 'Next Meetings scheduled for:
- Wednesday, June 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
- Wednesday, July 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
- AppSec APAC 2013 approved for Jeju, South Korea.
- Global Conferences Committee Budget - $32,618.82 of $40,000 remaining ($7381.18 spent).
Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
- Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
- Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.
AppSec Europe Research - Global
- Total Sponsorship - $18,100 Euros: Imperva, F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital, Watson Hall, Census (Greek Company). Pending discussions with IBM and Security Innovation
- Updates - training, speakers, and room block (Divani Caravel Hotel) finalized.
- Sarah and Kostas started weekly planning calls (first call June 5) to go over action items for OWASP ops team and local team from now until event.
AppSec India - Regional
- AppSec India website
- Sponsors - Torrid
- Expected attendance - 500+
- Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event
AppSec USA - Global
- Sponsors - Aspect Security (Gold), Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM (Gold), Imperva (Gold and Badge), Falling Rock, NetSpi
- CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to conference website
- Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up
- AppSec USA 2012 Update from Josh Sokol (on behalf of local event team)
Our AppSec USA 2012 planning is cruising along quite well. We currently have 17 CFP's submitted in addition to the stellar lineup of Keynote and Invited speakers already selected. The CFT closes on August 10, 2012 with a limited number of first-cut selections made available to our selection committee after June 29, 2012. There are currently 12 CFT submissions with a deadline on those of July 6, 2012. Attendee registration for the event was ready to go on May 1, 2012 before the decision was made to move from RegOnline back to CVENT. As a result of that, we have held up registration, but are working through the remaining issues and hope to have it available within the next week. The event currently has 5 Gold Sponsors, 1 Silver Sponsor, and sponsors for both the Badge and Lanyard for a total of $45,350. We have sponsorship opportunity documents sent to many potentials and expect to be able to close a large number of additional sponsorships after an initial push for early registration.
AppSec Latam - Global
- Discussion with the Global Conferences Committee, the event planning teams in Argentina, Uruguay (submitted for AppSec Latam 2013), and AppSec Brazil (planned for 2 weeks after the Buenos Aires Event) regarding upcoming events in Latam Region. Due to increasingly problematic situation with foreign currency in Argentina, all groups reached an agreement (and GCC voted) to cancel event in Argentina and move to Montevideo, Uruguay for Latam 2012.
- Brazil team will move forward with their regional event for the last week in Novemeber
- Sarah has set up weekly planning call with Uruguay team to get moving on Latam planning for this year (Tuesdays at 5pm UTC/GMT)
- Sarah in the process of setting up recurring planning call with Brazil team as well - waiting to hear local team availability(date & time) for call.
- Drafted and coordinated collection of Marketing Proposals: Marketing RFP, proposals do June 8 (granted extension for one submission until Monday, June 11).
- Created Membership Map and working with Kelly and Kate to set up a ImageMap page where people can click on their region of the world and will be redirected to the appropriate Membership registration page in Cvent.
- Event Agreement finalized with BlackHat USA, Sarah and Kelly coordinating booth set up, volunteers, and schwag