June 11, 2012 SB Report
Sarah Baso - Activity for May 2012 (Prepared for June 11, 2012 Board Meeting)
Note: At the April Board Meeting, it was decided to shift Sarah's primary area of responsibility to global events(previously split between chapters and conferences). Scope of responsibility and revised responsibilities has been discussed between Sarah Baso and Kate Hartmann and is pending Board approval. Also transition of Chapters responsibilities to Kate Hartmann should be completed by the end of Q2.
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: No changes, currently 5 members: Seba Deleersnyder, Tin Zaw, Josh Sokol, Ivy Zhang, and Gustavo Barbato
- Committee Chair: Josh Sokol
- May Committee Meeting Minutes
- 2012 Chapters Committee Budget - $14,896 of the GCC's $25,000 budget remaining($10,104 spent), estimated additional costs for Chapters Workshop (including sponsored attendees) $5,000.
- Next Meetings scheduled for:
- Monday, June 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM (20:00) UTC/GMT
- Tuesday, June 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM (01:00) UTC/GMT
- Ongoing - Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through Contact Us Form are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ongoing - Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
- Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
- Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.
- Coordinating Chapters Workshops at 4 Global AppSec Events and possibly AppSec India. Workshop in Athens Greece- expecting 15-20 people
- Chapter Metrics:
- Active Chapters: 193
- Active Chapter Leaders/Board Members: 422
New Chapters and Chapter restarts in May: 6
- New Chapters:
- Ahmedabad, India
- Virtual Chapter
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: New member - Benny Ketelslegers, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri,Benny Ketelslegers,.
- Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
- April/May Committee Meeting Minutes: May 3 - note, since April meeting didn't occur until May 3, committee plans to have a 2nd meeting before the end of the month.
- AppSec APAC 2013 approved for Jeju, South Korea.
- Global Conferences Committee Budget - $32,618.82 of $40,000 remaining ($7381.18 spent).
Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
- Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
- Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.
- Event wrap up for AppSec DC - Regional Event
- Registration #s - 315 people registered for conference (140 Paid, 175 Comps), 62 people registered for paid training
- Sponsorship income $43,000
- Sponsors: Aspect Security, Securicon, Mandiant, Trustwave, Codenomicon, WhiteHat, nVisium, Bayshore Networks, Core Security, Secure Ideas
- Conference Profit: $16,500 USD
- Slides Posted
- Event wrap up forAppSec APAC - Global
- Registration #s: 175 people registered for conference (62 Paid, 113 Comps), 43 people registered for paid training
- Sponsorship income $34,000; Sponsors: Fortify/HP, AppSecure, Imperva, Trustwave, Content Security, GA Systems, Ionize
- Event Slides posted
- Conference Loss - $16,200 USD
- Sarah Baso Event Report
- Growing the community: as a result of this conference, new APAC representation on Global Conference Committee (Benny Ketelsleters), and new chapter in Canberra, Australia (lead by Andrew Muller)
AppSec Europe Research - Global
- Sponsors - F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital
- Updates - CFP and CFT released, event registration open through CVENT, room block finalized with Divani Caravel Hotel.
AppSec India - Regional
- event website
- Sponsors - Torrid
- Expected attendance - 500+
- Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event
AppSec USA - Global
- Sponsors - Aspect Security (Gold), Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM (Gold), Imperva (Gold and Badge), Falling Rock, NetSpi
- Update - CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to conference website
- Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up - just waiting on possible integration with Hyatt Austin reservation system
AppSec Latam - Global
- Sponsors - Trustwave (Global & Lanyard)
- Update - Proposed venue no longer available, Sarah to set up venue RFP through Cvent ASAP.