Difference between revisions of "June 11, 2012 SB Report"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Sarah Baso - Activity for May 2012 (Prepared for June 11, 2012 Board Meeting) Note: At the April Board Meeting, it was decided to shift Sarah's primary area...")
 
Line 10: Line 10:
 
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1rDGIozH5hyRWjpYm76t8A-BiFrmfGaTevQB6Au5WsHs/edit May Committee Meeting Minutes]  
 
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1rDGIozH5hyRWjpYm76t8A-BiFrmfGaTevQB6Au5WsHs/edit May Committee Meeting Minutes]  
 
*2012 Chapters Committee Budget -  $14,896 of the GCC's $25,000 budget remaining($10,104 spent), estimated additional costs for Chapters Workshop (including sponsored attendees) $5,000.
 
*2012 Chapters Committee Budget -  $14,896 of the GCC's $25,000 budget remaining($10,104 spent), estimated additional costs for Chapters Workshop (including sponsored attendees) $5,000.
*'''Next Meetings scheduled for:
+
*'''Next Meetings'' scheduled for:
 
**Monday, June 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM (20:00) UTC/GMT
 
**Monday, June 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM (20:00) UTC/GMT
 
**Tuesday, June 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM (01:00) UTC/GMT
 
**Tuesday, June 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM (01:00) UTC/GMT
Line 20: Line 20:
 
* Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
 
* Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
 
*Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.
 
*Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.
*Coordinating Chapters Workshops at 4 Global AppSec Events and possibly AppSec India.  [http://www.appsecresearch.org/chapters-workshop/ Workshop in Athens Greece- expecting 15-20 people]
+
*Coordinating Chapters Workshops at 4 Global AppSec Events and possibly AppSec India.   
 +
**[http://www.appsecresearch.org/chapters-workshop/ Workshop in Athens Greece- expecting 15-20 people]
 +
**Wrote invitation letters for attendees VISA (where necessary) and coordinating travel arrangements for OWASP sponsored participants.
  
 
*Chapter Metrics:
 
*Chapter Metrics:
Line 38: Line 40:
 
**[[Kuwait]] - Mohammed Aldoub
 
**[[Kuwait]] - Mohammed Aldoub
 
**[[Iran]] - Abbas Naderi
 
**[[Iran]] - Abbas Naderi
 +
  
 
'''Pending''':
 
'''Pending''':
Line 48: Line 51:
  
 
'''General Committee Info'''
 
'''General Committee Info'''
* Committee Membership: New member - Benny Ketelslegers, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri,Benny Ketelslegers,.  
+
* Committee Membership: no changes, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri, and Benny Ketelslegers,.  
 
* Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
 
* Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
* April/May Committee Meeting Minutes: [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1J-8FFrtNCMOLYhp5a8pX-1SQJGSLGELAoPioR3OgmVg/edit May 3] - note, since April meeting didn't occur until May 3, committee plans to have a 2nd meeting before the end of the month.
+
 
 +
*May Committee Meeting Minutes:  
 +
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1J-8FFrtNCMOLYhp5a8pX-1SQJGSLGELAoPioR3OgmVg/edit May 3]
 +
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1370G9gWym2aMQ3RXv3TQibcTNUU8JdXuz8wqJSVZlDY/edit May 30]
 +
 
 +
*New recurring meeting time: the third Wednesday of the month at 3pm GMT/UTC. '''Next Meetings'' scheduled for:
 +
**Wednesday, June 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
 +
**Wednesday, July 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
 +
 
 
* [https://ocms.owasp.org/events/116/ AppSec APAC 2013] approved for Jeju, South Korea.
 
* [https://ocms.owasp.org/events/116/ AppSec APAC 2013] approved for Jeju, South Korea.
 
** [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArWvlmNWYXobdDlhaGpVTkZSLVA1YzF3dlVjUDRvTnc#gid=1 Event Budget]
 
** [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArWvlmNWYXobdDlhaGpVTkZSLVA1YzF3dlVjUDRvTnc#gid=1 Event Budget]
Line 59: Line 70:
 
* Ongoing - Updated and monitored [https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF85bGtvdWdrd2JjYldNZ1gxSkJxaEE6MQ google form] for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
 
* Ongoing - Updated and monitored [https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF85bGtvdWdrd2JjYldNZ1gxSkJxaEE6MQ google form] for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
 
*Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.  
 
*Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.  
* Event wrap up for '''AppSec DC''' - Regional Event
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFE6Oyqbn2cdHh4d09OQ3lxdnB6c3RLZWNneUNPTUE&authkey=CKaD8qgG&authkey=CKaD8qgG Budget]
 
** Registration #s - 315 people registered for conference (140 Paid, 175 Comps), 62 people registered for paid training
 
** Sponsorship income $43,000
 
** Sponsors: Aspect Security, Securicon, Mandiant, Trustwave, Codenomicon, WhiteHat, nVisium, Bayshore Networks, Core Security, Secure Ideas
 
** Conference Profit: $16,500 USD
 
** Slides Posted
 
 
* Event wrap up for'''AppSec APAC''' - Global
 
** [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdEhYZXpwZE8yZ014OHYzTkJlRERaV0E Budget]
 
** Registration #s: 175 people registered for conference (62 Paid, 113 Comps), 43 people registered for paid training
 
** Sponsorship income $34,000; Sponsors: Fortify/HP, AppSecure, Imperva, Trustwave, Content Security, GA Systems, Ionize
 
** [[AppSecAsiaPac2012_Slides| Event Slides]] posted
 
** Conference Loss - $16,200 USD
 
** [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1bKRMZK3qHFsysM0qtPNJgYOcKGllT04foZd2rXXFzRs/edit Sarah Baso Event Report]
 
** Growing the community: as a result of this conference, new APAC representation on Global Conference Committee (Benny Ketelsleters), and new chapter in [[Canberra]], Australia (lead by Andrew Muller)
 
  
  
Line 81: Line 76:
 
'''AppSec Europe Research''' - Global
 
'''AppSec Europe Research''' - Global
 
*[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdGtLNUJHNkkxcWVZU2FXNnJEd2NGcVE#gid=0 Budget]
 
*[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdGtLNUJHNkkxcWVZU2FXNnJEd2NGcVE#gid=0 Budget]
*Sponsors - F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital
+
*Total Sponsorship - $18,100 Euros:  Imperva, F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital, Watson Hall, Census (Greek Company). Pending discussions with IBM and Security Innovation
*Updates - CFP and CFT released, [http://www.cvent.com/d/fcq1x5 event registration open through CVENT], room block finalized with Divani Caravel Hotel.
+
*Updates - training, speakers, and room block (Divani Caravel Hotel) finalized.
 +
*Sarah and Kostas started weekly planning calls (first call June 5) to go over action items for OWASP ops team and local team from now until event.
 +
 
  
 
'''AppSec India''' - Regional
 
'''AppSec India''' - Regional
* [http://www.owasp.in/ event website]
+
* [http://www.owasp.in/ AppSec India website]
 
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiegwkXGUHKedGNYM215RWVlYmJDQTNSaHhLTjZKM1E Budget]
 
* [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiegwkXGUHKedGNYM215RWVlYmJDQTNSaHhLTjZKM1E Budget]
*Sponsors - Torrid
+
* Sponsors - Torrid
 
* Expected attendance - 500+
 
* Expected attendance - 500+
 
* Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event
 
* Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event
 +
  
 
'''AppSec USA''' - Global
 
'''AppSec USA''' - Global
 
*[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag1W2qFZ-xDGdE0tMGFtSms1bFBsZmRrMURhWGprNUE#gid=0 Budget]
 
*[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag1W2qFZ-xDGdE0tMGFtSms1bFBsZmRrMURhWGprNUE#gid=0 Budget]
 
*Sponsors - Aspect Security (Gold), Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM (Gold), Imperva (Gold and Badge), Falling Rock, NetSpi
 
*Sponsors - Aspect Security (Gold), Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM (Gold), Imperva (Gold and Badge), Falling Rock, NetSpi
*Update - CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to [http://www.appsecuse.org conference website]
+
*CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to [http://www.appsecuse.org conference website]
* Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up - just waiting on possible integration with Hyatt Austin reservation system
+
* Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up
 +
 +
*AppSec USA 2012 Update from Josh Sokol (on behalf of local event team)<br>
 +
''Our AppSec USA 2012 planning is cruising along quite well.  We currently have 17 CFP's submitted in addition to the stellar lineup of Keynote and Invited speakers already selected.  The CFT closes on August 10, 2012 with a limited number of first-cut selections made available to our selection committee after June 29, 2012.  There are currently 12 CFT submissions with a deadline on those of July 6, 2012.  Attendee registration for the event was ready to go on May 1, 2012 before the decision was made to move from RegOnline back to CVENT.  As a result of that, we have held up registration, but are working through the remaining issues and hope to have it available within the next week.  The event currently has 5 Gold Sponsors, 1 Silver Sponsor, and sponsors for both the Badge and Lanyard for a total of $45,350.  We have sponsorship opportunity documents sent to many potentials and expect to be able to close a large number of additional sponsorships after an initial push for early registration.''
 +
 
  
 
'''AppSec Latam''' - Global
 
'''AppSec Latam''' - Global
*[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdG5kMHpqbTl6alM3WUZVX2UtUUtNU2c Budget]
+
 
*Sponsors - Trustwave (Global & Lanyard)
+
*Discussion with the Global Conferences Committee, the event planning teams in Argentina, Uruguay (submitted for AppSec Latam 2013), and AppSec Brazil (planned for 2 weeks after the Buenos Aires Event) regarding upcoming events in Latam Region. Due to increasingly problematic situation with foreign currency in Argentina, all groups reached an agreement (and GCC voted) to cancel event in Argentina and move to Montevideo, Uruguay for Latam 2012.  
*Update - Proposed venue no longer available, Sarah to set up venue RFP through Cvent ASAP.
+
*Brazil team will move forward with their regional event for the last week in Novemeber
 +
*Sarah has set up weekly planning call with Uruguay team to get moving on Latam planning for this year (Tuesdays at 5pm UTC/GMT)
 +
*Sarah in the process of setting up recurring planning call with Brazil team as well - waiting to hear local team availability(date & time) for call.
  
  
 
==Other Activities==
 
==Other Activities==
* Learning new registration system: Cvent
+
* Drafted and coordinated collection of Marketing Proposals: [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/13v1Jw9dNCi1Ev9wbkv95aOEOSWaJRAsUD69eNCJ8vRA/edit Marketing RFP], proposals do June 8 (granted extension for one submission until Monday, June 11).
* Outreach at Secure 360 OWASP Booth in St. Paul, MN - May 8 & 9
+
*Created [[Membership_Map|Membership Map]] and working with Kelly and Kate to set up a ImageMap page where people can click on their region of the world and will be redirected to the appropriate Membership registration page in Cvent.
** [https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Z9zE0hx0LNbTI0UjNreHQ2WmM AppSec USA Flyer]
+
* [https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Z9zE0hx0LNdUFSLVdkdkpxR0k Event Agreement] finalized with BlackHat USA, Sarah and Kelly coordinating booth set up, volunteers, and schwag
** [https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Z9zE0hx0LNSVY3V2t5WUM5WGc 1 Page About OWASP]
+
 
** [https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Z9zE0hx0LNajRHZGRMX1BRMmM 1 Page Business Case for OWASP]
+
==Resource Pages==
* [https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Z9zE0hx0LNdUFSLVdkdkpxR0k Event Agreement] finalized with BlackHat USA, Sarah coordinating volunteers and schwag
+
*[[Event Contracts]]
 +
*[[Event Budgets]]
 +
*[[Global_Conferences_Committee/Sponsorship|Event Sponsorship Documents]]

Revision as of 13:16, 8 June 2012

Sarah Baso - Activity for May 2012 (Prepared for June 11, 2012 Board Meeting)

Note: At the April Board Meeting, it was decided to shift Sarah's primary area of responsibility to global events(previously split between chapters and conferences). Scope of responsibility and revised responsibilities has been discussed between Sarah Baso and Kate Hartmann and is pending Board approval. Also transition of Chapters responsibilities to Kate Hartmann should be completed by the end of Q2.

Chapters Committee

General Committee Info

  • Committee Membership: No changes, currently 5 members: Seba Deleersnyder, Tin Zaw, Josh Sokol, Ivy Zhang, and Gustavo Barbato
  • Committee Chair: Josh Sokol
  • May Committee Meeting Minutes
  • 2012 Chapters Committee Budget - $14,896 of the GCC's $25,000 budget remaining($10,104 spent), estimated additional costs for Chapters Workshop (including sponsored attendees) $5,000.
  • 'Next Meetings scheduled for:
    • Monday, June 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM (20:00) UTC/GMT
    • Tuesday, June 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM (01:00) UTC/GMT


Major Activities/Projects

  • Ongoing - Work with Kate Hartmann to ensure that chapter-related requests through Contact Us Form are addressed in a timely fashion.
  • Ongoing - Setting up new chapters -- @owasp.org email accounts, wiki page, mailing list, add to leader mailing list, and ensure chapter appears on regonline chapter list.
  • Ongoing - Respond to various chapter leader questions/requests via email
  • Ongoing - Manage OWASP merchandise requests via google doc, including business cards.
  • Coordinating Chapters Workshops at 4 Global AppSec Events and possibly AppSec India.
  • Chapter Metrics:
    • Active Chapters: 193
    • Active Chapter Leaders/Board Members: 422

ChapterMetrics 6 8 2012.JPG

New Chapters and Chapter restarts in May: 6

  • New Chapters:
    • Khartoum, Sudan - Ali Hussein
    • Lviv, Ukraine - Nazar Tymoshyk, Vasyl Mylko, Dmytro Malyeyevg
  • Restart


Pending:

  • Ahmedabad, India
  • Charleston
  • Virtual Chapter


Conferences Committee

General Committee Info

  • Committee Membership: no changes, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri, and Benny Ketelslegers,.
  • Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
  • New recurring meeting time: the third Wednesday of the month at 3pm GMT/UTC. 'Next Meetings scheduled for:
    • Wednesday, June 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
    • Wednesday, July 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT

Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):

  • Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
  • Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.


Upcoming Events

AppSec Europe Research - Global

  • Budget
  • Total Sponsorship - $18,100 Euros: Imperva, F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital, Watson Hall, Census (Greek Company). Pending discussions with IBM and Security Innovation
  • Updates - training, speakers, and room block (Divani Caravel Hotel) finalized.
  • Sarah and Kostas started weekly planning calls (first call June 5) to go over action items for OWASP ops team and local team from now until event.


AppSec India - Regional

  • AppSec India website
  • Budget
  • Sponsors - Torrid
  • Expected attendance - 500+
  • Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event


AppSec USA - Global

  • Budget
  • Sponsors - Aspect Security (Gold), Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM (Gold), Imperva (Gold and Badge), Falling Rock, NetSpi
  • CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to conference website
  • Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up
  • AppSec USA 2012 Update from Josh Sokol (on behalf of local event team)

Our AppSec USA 2012 planning is cruising along quite well. We currently have 17 CFP's submitted in addition to the stellar lineup of Keynote and Invited speakers already selected. The CFT closes on August 10, 2012 with a limited number of first-cut selections made available to our selection committee after June 29, 2012. There are currently 12 CFT submissions with a deadline on those of July 6, 2012. Attendee registration for the event was ready to go on May 1, 2012 before the decision was made to move from RegOnline back to CVENT. As a result of that, we have held up registration, but are working through the remaining issues and hope to have it available within the next week. The event currently has 5 Gold Sponsors, 1 Silver Sponsor, and sponsors for both the Badge and Lanyard for a total of $45,350. We have sponsorship opportunity documents sent to many potentials and expect to be able to close a large number of additional sponsorships after an initial push for early registration.


AppSec Latam - Global

  • Discussion with the Global Conferences Committee, the event planning teams in Argentina, Uruguay (submitted for AppSec Latam 2013), and AppSec Brazil (planned for 2 weeks after the Buenos Aires Event) regarding upcoming events in Latam Region. Due to increasingly problematic situation with foreign currency in Argentina, all groups reached an agreement (and GCC voted) to cancel event in Argentina and move to Montevideo, Uruguay for Latam 2012.
  • Brazil team will move forward with their regional event for the last week in Novemeber
  • Sarah has set up weekly planning call with Uruguay team to get moving on Latam planning for this year (Tuesdays at 5pm UTC/GMT)
  • Sarah in the process of setting up recurring planning call with Brazil team as well - waiting to hear local team availability(date & time) for call.


Other Activities

  • Drafted and coordinated collection of Marketing Proposals: Marketing RFP, proposals do June 8 (granted extension for one submission until Monday, June 11).
  • Created Membership Map and working with Kelly and Kate to set up a ImageMap page where people can click on their region of the world and will be redirected to the appropriate Membership registration page in Cvent.
  • Event Agreement finalized with BlackHat USA, Sarah and Kelly coordinating booth set up, volunteers, and schwag

Resource Pages