Difference between revisions of "July 22, 2015"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Old Business)
(New Business)
Line 84: Line 84:
 
*
 
*
 
* For Action - [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flUHQfne84BXixhnEAozXy8OrfX8Fx2Ch73kkLwQGes/edit Approve minutes from June 24 Board meeting]
 
* For Action - [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flUHQfne84BXixhnEAozXy8OrfX8Fx2Ch73kkLwQGes/edit Approve minutes from June 24 Board meeting]
 +
* [Michael]
 +
** Proposal - Motion to move primary responsibility of planning and execution of the AppSecUSA 2016 conference to the OWASP Foundation. Selection of core conference themes and speaker/proposal would be driven by the owasp community.
  
 
== Action Items==
 
== Action Items==

Revision as of 15:52, 22 July 2015

Dial In Info

Notice of Recording

  • Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
  • Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
  • [link:addme Meeting Recording]


Time

14:00 - 15:00pm PDT

Location

Teleconference Information:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838

International Toll Free Calling Information


Attendance Tracker

Board Meeting Attendance Tracker

Meeting Minutes

[link:addme Meeting Minutes]

Reading Material

It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting


Meeting Agenda

Call to Order /OWASP Mission

  • Administrative (List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)

Reports

Chairmain's Report - Tobias Gondrom

Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol

Treasurer Report - Fabio Cerullo

Secretary Report - Matt Konda

Updated from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico

Reports

Community Initiative Reports

Old Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • Item 1: Discuss and confirm Date & Time for September Board meeting during AppSec San Francisco, so meeting room & A/V can be scheduled
    • Recommend Friday evening, Sept.25 18:00 - 20:00 like in Amsterdam. Wiki currently says Saturday, July 26.
  • Item 2: Review Bylaws Section 3.02 per Fabio email. Discuss if appropriate to change. Vote as needed.
    • Fabio recommendation: The election terms needs to be reviewed in my opinion.. at present it reads "An individual is limited to 4 consecutive 2 year terms” >> I think we need to change the statement to the following “An individual (member?) is limited to be elected no more than three terms in any 7 years period”. By doing so we reinforce the message that you need to be an OWASP member to run for the Board and also are limiting the scope in amount of years which is quite currently long in my opinion.
    • (Paul still looking for current editable version of Bylaws in Word or Google Docs. Checked with Bil, Andrew, Jim. May need to use current pdf)
  • Item 3: Carry-over from June 24 meeting.

New Business

All active board proposals are listed here

  • P.Ritchie - Update & Action plan for AppSec-EU Conference 2016. Ops & Planning team recommendation
    • Vote needed? Past Year's AppSec Conf. selections did not require Board vote. This is update based on broader Planning team and greater Staff engagement in decision process, due to no Chapter Volunteers or proposal by mid-year deadline.
  • P.Ritchie - Board Discussion and Action on Dinis Cruz recommendation as follows: Request for OWASP Board to approve $100K for a Project Summit in 2016, and then ask for a team of OWASP leaders to apply to lead that effort. Per June 26, 2015 email. Discussion topic - What actions, if any, to take on this
  • P.Ritchie - Handling issues of Commercialization creeping into presentations, trainings, chapter meetings, etc. Paul recommends Staff take this on at the ED & Community Mgr level to do first level communication and reminder of OWASP Policy. Continued abuse or disagreement would be taken to Compliance officer, but first level communication should be in professional, collaborative manner from Staff.

>> Goal is to confirm with Board that this operating guideline is acceptable with the 2-3 cases brought to our attention this month.

  • For Action - Approve minutes from June 24 Board meeting
  • [Michael]
    • Proposal - Motion to move primary responsibility of planning and execution of the AppSecUSA 2016 conference to the OWASP Foundation. Selection of core conference themes and speaker/proposal would be driven by the owasp community.

Action Items

Announcements

Adjournment

  • Next meeting date/time:



Motion to close meeting