|Join hundreds of other Developers and InfoSec professionals for Training, Sessions and Community at our first conference of 2019|
[AppSec Tel Aviv, May 26-30th]
July 22, 2015
- 1 Dial In Info
- 2 Reading Material
- 3 Meeting Agenda
- 3.1 Call to Order /OWASP Mission
- 3.2 Reports
- 3.3 Reports
- 3.4 Old Business
- 3.5 New Business
- 3.6 Action Items
- 3.7 Announcements
- 3.8 Adjournment
- 3.9 Motion to close meeting
Dial In Info
Notice of Recording
- Notice to all attendees - board meetings are recorded and publicly available as of March, 2013
- Joining the call acknowledges your awareness of recording and consent to be recorded and public dissemination of the recording.
- Recording of July 22 OWASP Board Meeting
14:00 - 15:00pm PDT
It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to the start of the meeting
Call to Order /OWASP Mission
- Administrative (List of attendees and Agenda bashing (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed) (5 min)
Chairmain's Report - Tobias Gondrom
Vice Chairmain's Report - Josh Sokol
Treasurer Report - Fabio Cerullo
Secretary Report - Matt Konda
Updated from Members at Large - Michael Coates, Andrew van der Stock & Jim Manico
- Executive Director/Operations Update - Monthly Summary Report from P.Ritchie
- Financial Update - June 2015 Monthly & YTD Financials, Balance Sheet US/EU and AR/AP
- Director Update - Kate Hartmann - Operations Update
- Community Manager Update - Community Manager Report
- Project Coordinator Update - Project Coordinator Monthly Update
- Membership Update - June 2015 Membership Report
- IT Update - [link:addme Matt Tesauro Report]
Community Initiative Reports
All active board proposals are listed here
- Item 1: Discuss and confirm Date & Time for September Board meeting during AppSec San Francisco, so meeting room & A/V can be scheduled
- Recommend Friday evening, Sept.25 18:00 - 20:00 like in Amsterdam. Wiki currently says Saturday, July 26.
- Item 2: Review Bylaws Section 3.02 per Fabio email. Discuss if appropriate to change. Vote as needed.
- Fabio recommendation: The election terms needs to be reviewed in my opinion.. at present it reads "An individual is limited to 4 consecutive 2 year terms” >> I think we need to change the statement to the following “An individual (member?) is limited to be elected no more than three terms in any 7 years period”. By doing so we reinforce the message that you need to be an OWASP member to run for the Board and also are limiting the scope in amount of years which is quite currently long in my opinion.
- (Paul still looking for current editable version of Bylaws in Word or Google Docs. Checked with Bil, Andrew, Jim. May need to use current pdf)
- Item 3: Carry-over from June 24 meeting.
- Review of Bylaws DRAFTv7 as proposed by Andrew.
All active board proposals are listed here
- P.Ritchie - Update & Action plan for AppSec-EU Conference 2016. Ops & Planning team recommendation
- Vote needed? Past Year's AppSec Conf. selections did not require Board vote. This is update based on broader Planning team and greater Staff engagement in decision process, due to no Chapter Volunteers or proposal by mid-year deadline.
- P.Ritchie - Board Discussion and Action on Dinis Cruz recommendation as follows: Request for OWASP Board to approve $100K for a Project Summit in 2016, and then ask for a team of OWASP leaders to apply to lead that effort. Per June 26, 2015 email. Discussion topic - What actions, if any, to take on this
- P.Ritchie - Handling issues of Commercialization creeping into presentations, trainings, chapter meetings, etc. Paul recommends Staff take this on at the ED & Community Mgr level to do first level communication and reminder of OWASP Policy. Continued abuse or disagreement would be taken to Compliance officer, but first level communication should be in professional, collaborative manner from Staff.
>> Goal is to confirm with Board that this operating guideline is acceptable with the 2-3 cases brought to our attention this month.
- For Action - Approve minutes from June 24 Board meeting
- Proposal - Motion to move primary responsibility of planning and execution of the AppSecUSA 2016 conference to the OWASP Foundation. Selection of core conference themes and speaker/proposal would be driven by the owasp community.
- Next meeting date/time: