July 11, 2012 SB Report
Sarah Baso - Activity for June 2012 (Prepared for July 11, 2012 Board Meeting)
Note: As of the end of Q2, all Chapters Committee responsibilities have been transitioned to Kate Hartmann.
General Committee Info
- Committee Membership: no changes, currently 8 members: Mark Bristow, Ralph Durkee, Richard Greenberg, Lucas Ferreira, John Wilander, Mohd Fazli Azran, Lorna Alamri, and Benny Ketelslegers,.
- Committee Chair: Mark Bristow
- June Committee Meeting Minutes:
- Recurring meeting time: the third Wednesday of the month at 3pm GMT/UTC. 'Next Meetings scheduled for:
- Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
- Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM (15:00) UTC/GMT
- Global Conferences Committee Budget - $27,389.22 of $40,000 remaining ($12,610.78 spent).
Major Activities/Projects (in addition to attending monthly committee meetings, taking & posting meeting minutes):
- Ongoing - Updated and monitored google form for tracking schwag requests and monitor OCMS for events that have requested schwag but not entered request into google form.
- Ongoing - Work with Konik, Kate, Rocksport, Zazzle, Lulu, and other misc. vendors to fulfull merchandise and conference requests.
AppSec Europe Research - Global
- Total Sponsorship - $18,100 Euros: Imperva, F5, Cigital, Trustwave(Global), Gotham Digital, Watson Hall, Census (Greek Company). Pending discussions with IBM and Security Innovation
- Updates - training, speakers, and room block (Divani Caravel Hotel) finalized.
- Sarah and Kostas started weekly planning calls (first call June 5) to go over action items for OWASP ops team and local team from now until event.
AppSec India - Regional
- AppSec India website
- Sponsors - Torrid
- Expected attendance - 500+
- Update - need to review their sponsorship document and find out how they will be handling/processing money for the event
AppSec USA - Global
- Sponsors - Aspect Security (Gold), Trustwave (Global & Lanyard), IBM (Gold), Imperva (Gold and Badge), Falling Rock, NetSpi
- CFP and CFT released, details and first round of keynotes and featured speakers posted to conference website
- Registration (through Cvent) to open within next few days, event page set up
- AppSec USA 2012 Update from Josh Sokol (on behalf of local event team)
Our AppSec USA 2012 planning is cruising along quite well. We currently have 17 CFP's submitted in addition to the stellar lineup of Keynote and Invited speakers already selected. The CFT closes on August 10, 2012 with a limited number of first-cut selections made available to our selection committee after June 29, 2012. There are currently 12 CFT submissions with a deadline on those of July 6, 2012. Attendee registration for the event was ready to go on May 1, 2012 before the decision was made to move from RegOnline back to CVENT. As a result of that, we have held up registration, but are working through the remaining issues and hope to have it available within the next week. The event currently has 5 Gold Sponsors, 1 Silver Sponsor, and sponsors for both the Badge and Lanyard for a total of $45,350. We have sponsorship opportunity documents sent to many potentials and expect to be able to close a large number of additional sponsorships after an initial push for early registration.
AppSec Latam - Global
- Discussion with the Global Conferences Committee, the event planning teams in Argentina, Uruguay (submitted for AppSec Latam 2013), and AppSec Brazil (planned for 2 weeks after the Buenos Aires Event) regarding upcoming events in Latam Region. Due to increasingly problematic situation with foreign currency in Argentina, all groups reached an agreement (and GCC voted) to cancel event in Argentina and move to Montevideo, Uruguay for Latam 2012.
- Brazil team will move forward with their regional event for the last week in Novemeber
- Sarah has set up weekly planning call with Uruguay team to get moving on Latam planning for this year (Tuesdays at 5pm UTC/GMT)
- Sarah in the process of setting up recurring planning call with Brazil team as well - waiting to hear local team availability(date & time) for call.
2013 Global Events
AppSec APAC 2013 approved for Jeju, South Korea - Feb 21 & 22, 2013
3 applications received, to be reviewed and decided by GCC at June Meeting
- Conference Planning Table, Conference Timeline Overview
- Working with Justin Searle to plan 8 stop APAC tour during the first 3 weeks of 2013
- Finalizing relationship merchandise vendor for Europe/Middle East/Africa (located in Athens, used for AppSec Research merchandise)
- Working on system for collecting/reporting conference training and talk feedback.
- Drafted and coordinated collection of Marketing Proposals: Marketing RFP, proposals do June 8 (granted extension for one submission until Monday, June 11).
- Created Membership Map and working with Kelly and Kate to set up a ImageMap page where people can click on their region of the world and will be redirected to the appropriate Membership registration page in Cvent.
- Event Agreement finalized with BlackHat USA, Sarah and Kelly coordinating booth set up, volunteers, and schwag