Difference between revisions of "July 11, 2011"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Global Membership Update)
(Global Membership Update)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Board of Directors (Jeff, Tom, Dave, Seba, Matt, Eoin)
 
Board of Directors (Jeff, Tom, Dave, Seba, Matt, Eoin)
  
[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1Zc5Rf0AwfN_vA80SMKpr_SS0xGGA2N13AgaVUIVswiM/edit?hl=en_US To track and record mins., of this meeting via your @OWASP account]
+
[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1VMwYrP6owtZ-SchBxUcWTIF-ITvzUX8PjUkLPwr2ipg/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CIGTx5sD To track and record mins., of this meeting via your @OWASP account]
 
+
== Reading and approval of prior month meeting minutes ==
+
  
 +
== [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1VD9ZHEwht9tmM8FKEQ6DBrtmL_gTAhSSnQhiFXYkJ7I/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CIavkP4B# Reading and approval of prior month meeting minutes] ==
  
 
== Finance Report ==
 
== Finance Report ==
Line 25: Line 24:
  
 
== Global Membership Update ==
 
== Global Membership Update ==
-Membership Model 3.0 pushed live
+
*Membership Model 3.0 pushed [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership live]
-Need to discuss treatment of Honorary Memberships and the upcoming election (per vote requested by Seba)
+
*Need to discuss treatment of Honorary Memberships and the upcoming election (per vote requested by Seba) - [https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5ZloRZ0SmjdElOeE82X25PbmdUX2lPcnZVanhFTFE&hl=en_US#gid=0 See List]
-Other election notes
+
*Other election notes
  
 
== Global Industry Update ==
 
== Global Industry Update ==
Line 40: Line 39:
 
* [http://sl.owasp.org/gpcws-jun11-projects-handbook Projects Handbook] open for [https://www.google.com/moderator/?authuser=1#16/e=9e1ca community review] (email request for comments to go out this week)
 
* [http://sl.owasp.org/gpcws-jun11-projects-handbook Projects Handbook] open for [https://www.google.com/moderator/?authuser=1#16/e=9e1ca community review] (email request for comments to go out this week)
 
* <span style="color:red">''Waiting for signed SourceForge contract'' from Board</span>
 
* <span style="color:red">''Waiting for signed SourceForge contract'' from Board</span>
 +
* Current list of all [https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5ZloRZ0SmjdElOeE82X25PbmdUX2lPcnZVanhFTFE&hl=en_US#gid=0 project leaders]
  
 
== Global Education Update ==
 
== Global Education Update ==

Latest revision as of 10:44, 11 July 2011

Contents

Roll call

Board of Directors (Jeff, Tom, Dave, Seba, Matt, Eoin)

To track and record mins., of this meeting via your @OWASP account

Reading and approval of prior month meeting minutes

Finance Report

Report Submitted by: Alison

May 2011 P&L and Balance Sheet

Budget Summary

Status 2010 3rd Party Audit Report - Follow up completed, final report pending

Status 2010 Tax Filing - TBD

Committee reports (regular and special)

Global Connections Update

Global Membership Update

  • Membership Model 3.0 pushed live
  • Need to discuss treatment of Honorary Memberships and the upcoming election (per vote requested by Seba) - See List
  • Other election notes

Global Industry Update

Global Projects Update

Global Education Update

Global Chapters Update

Global Conferences Update

GCC Update Presentation

BOARD VOTE REQUESTED

Conferences/Chapters Responsibility Split


Special


Old/unfinished business

Vote to adopt Jeff Williams - June 3rd Proposed OWASP Platform model


OWASP LatAm Tour 22 registrations for Argentina

Global Committee Consolidation - Observations and Recommendations submitted 10-Jun via email.

Proposal made to consolidate Global Committees to 3: Conferences, Chapters, and Projects

Education, Industry, Connections, and Membership committees would be restructured into task forces which emerge from ecosystems as focused working groups with a budget and a charter to meet a predefined goal.


New business

Seba:

  • New contract Sarah, (re)negotiation Paulo, status Larry
  • Voting Rights for Chapter/Project Leader:

Dave - Yes; Eoin - open vote to all; Jeff - yes, and make them honorary members; Tom - Yes; Matt - yes; Seba - yes

So, board vote to allow chapter/project leaders to vote is affirmative.

Continued vote - do we reinstate the "honorary memberships" as well

Kate

  • Konik (vendor) will warehouse and ship (provide fulfillment services) approved merchandise at no additional cost (other than shipping) to addresses for approved events. This will eliminate the need for storage and will provided better accounting and tracking.

OWASP Contact Us Status Report


Martin:

  • 3rd party envolvement, how to tread free service offers as
    • Innovation Security's OWASP TeamMentor
    • Hacking-Labs

- What can we offer in means in agreement
- Sponsorship for free services to OWASP?

  • OWASP European Store, shipping small amounts to European chapters is inefficient.
    • I have offered to make space available for OWASP goodies to be stored so they can be shipped around cheaper
    • aprovement for shipping and shipping through required / needed?
    • Kate as Single Point of Contact, can forward requests to me to send through from NL

Closing