Revision as of 21:25, 31 July 2012 by Jmanico
What are your most notable accomplishments over the past three years as an OWASP contributor?
- OWASP Podcast Series
- OWASP Cheat Sheet Series
- ESAPI Contributions
- Manager for Java Encoder and HTML Sanitizer projects
- OWASP Marketing/Evangelism
- OWASP Mobile Project
- Traveled to OWASP chapters all over the world (free training)
What are the most significant challenges OWASP is facing?
- keeping basic services running
- vendor neutrality
If you become elected, what would the top three things be that you would focus on?
- expand membership (developers) - we can improve on expanding developer membership roles
- content reorganization- increase quality and remove old content that is not pertinent or out of date - make OWASP more consumable
What do you want to do as a board member that you can't do as an OWASP leader or committee member?
- As a board member I will have more opportunities to serve as an Ambassador for the organization.
- One of a board members main roles is too maintain a vendor-neutral stance when representing OWASP.
How does your past experience relate to this position?
- travel internationally speaking at 30+ OWASP chapters through much of Europe and the US
- provide secure coding training as talks and free seminars emphasizing vendor neutral open source information
- have had a chance to "hear out" and interface with OWASP members on a global scale
- interaction with several OWASP projects and committees
- Worked with or partnered with several existing board members