Difference between revisions of "Industry:Minutes 2011-04-08"
(Created page with "April 7, 2011 at 16:00 UTC/GMT we will be having a Global Industry Committee Call. * +1 877 534 8500 or International +1 513 534 8500 * Passcode 410105 # ==Old Busine...")
Revision as of 21:11, 7 April 2011
April 7, 2011 at 16:00 UTC/GMT we will be having a Global Industry Committee Call.
* +1 877 534 8500 or International +1 513 534 8500 * Passcode 410105 #
- Budget update - Board approved 1/2 of our budget on Monday's meeting and will decide on the other half within a couple of weeks.
- David - OWASP Panel at Brighttalk Appsec Summit- anything to report?
- Nishi has agreed to put together a ppt for the GIC to use in outreach efforts. She will send a draft to rest of committee for review in the next 2-3 weeks.
- Surveys - Eoin's survey on survey monkey, status update from Rex on his survey
- AppSec EU -- Industry Committee hosting industry breakout sessions. Who is going from GIC? Who do we need to send invites out to? What is our game plan?
- Committee Governance: The Conferences Committee has put together a basic committee governance structure: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Conferences_Committee_Governance Can we adopt a slightly modified (to fit the GIC's initiatives) version? What changes would people like to see?
- Lucas's open letter to the Brazilian Government - Colin has provided Lucas with some feedback, but it would be great if we as a committee could vote on whether we can officially "endorse" the letter, to provide Lucas with some backing. There has been a long string of email regarding Lucas's request for feedback on the GIC mailing list... if you missed it, email me and I can forward it on.`
The original version (in Portuguese) is available here: https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B80Pq13j4HaqYTJlYjYyMjQtZGIyZS00NGY2LTlmOTMtZDUyMDk5MzUzYmEx&hl=en&authkey=CIi7r5EP
A Google translated version is here: https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1pWNIlMvbl9DueibfrETIRZBj4qxKLjz6DgavTxnYNDQ/edit?hl=en&authkey=CNOWjaQL
- FSISAC summit May 2nd (Joe)
- Jeff's email to OWASP Leaders yesterday re: Outreach (attached in case you missed or didn't receive it) --> What can we do to be involved in this outreach effort or coordinate it in our current plans?
- April 10-16 is National Volunteer Week -- What can the GIC do to leverage this and promote our efforts? How can we raise awareness of the great things we are doing globally?
The OWASP Foundation is a 99.9% volunteer driven organization! Let’s take this time to recognize those volunteers who have dedicated their time and talent to making the universe safer for the rest of us.
Stats: Mailing list of 25,000, 135 active projects, 70 active chapters globally, volunteer organized conferences on every continent, committees, influencing education and government