Difference between revisions of "Houston"
(→Meeting Schedule for 2010)
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
Revision as of 22:56, 26 April 2011
Welcome to the Houston chapter homepage. The chapter leaders are Mark Feferman, Paul Dial, Linda Fox and David Nester
Click here to join the local chapter mailing list.
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
The Houston Chapter will focus around Web Application Security issues with discussions on application layer vulnerabilties, penetration testing, and secure coding practices within the numerous development languages. Our chapter will meet on the second (2nd) Wednesday of each month and participation in OWASP Houston is free and open to all.
Please subscribe to the mailing list for meeting announcements. Our chapter's meetings are informal and encourage open discussion of all aspects of application security. Anyone in our area interested in web application security is welcome to attend. We encourage attendees to give short presentations about specific topics. If you would like to make a presentation, or have any questions about the Houston Chapter, send an email to David Nester.
Meeting Schedule for 2010
Our agenda is currently under development. Check back for details.
- October 2009 : Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- August 12, 2009 : SharePoint Auditing and Penetration Testing Presentation Download
Presentation by: Shohn Trojacek
- July 8, 2009 : Embedded System Security Presentation Download
Presentation by: Sam Denard
- June 10, 2009 : Web Application Security and PHP. Presentation Download
Presentation by: Eric Cherian
- May 13, 2009 (A): Securing connection strings in the Web.Config and App.Config files for .NET Presentation Download
Presentation by: Mark Feferman, CISSP
- May 13, 2009 (B): Stealing the Airlines Online Data Presentation Download
Presentation by: Quincy Jackson, CISSP
- April 8, 2009: 2009 Statistics Report and ClickJacking Presentation Download
Presentation by David Nester, Director, Solutions Architecture, Whitehat Security.
- August 19, 2008: Dirty Dozen - Truth and facts about PCI DSS Presentation Download
Presentation by Genady Vishnevetsky, CISSP Director, IT Operations and Security. Paymetric, Inc
- June 11, 2008: The OWASP Top 10 Presentation Download
Presentation by J Sawyer, Developer Evangelist of Microsoft
- November 7, 2007: Black Box versus White Box: Different App Testing Strategies Presentation Download
Presentation by John Dickson of the Denim Group.
- October 10, 2007 :: Top 10 Website Attack Techniques Presentation Download
Presentation by Jeremiah Grossman, CTO, Whitehat Security
- September 12, 2007: Fortify Software
- August 8, 2007: Atrysk Security Presentation Download
Houston OWASP Chapter Leaders
Our chapter leaders are Mark Feferman, Linda Fox, Paul Dial and David Nester.OWASP:Texas