OWASP Hong Kong
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
The Hong Kong chapter was formed in December 2004. The objectives to establish OWASP Hong Kong Chapter are mainly because: -There are many web applications established in past 10 years. However, how many developers know that their developed application are secure. Meanwhile, there are many transactional-based systems, we should not ignore that the web application is another channel for hackers to compromise one's confidential information and interrupt any critical business operations.
- Raise the security awareness of web application development among the professionals.
- Encourage professionals to reference standard like ISO7799 for their web application security and post-deployment review as well as audit.
- Accelerate to Share, learn, discuss and review best practices of the experienced web application development security professionals even across various user groups (Java User Group and .NET User Group ) and security associations (i.e. PISA) in Hong Kong.
From left to right: James Tsao, Anthony Lai, David Walker, Richard Staff, Marco Leung and Gary Kung
- Mainstream web technologies (i.e. .NET, J2EE and PHP on Linux) security assessment
- Web application platform (i.e. Apache, IIS, Linux, Database) security assessment and review.
- Recent Web application security concerns.
- Regularly convey latest projects and presentations from OWASP.
News from Hong Kong Chapter
OWASP(HK Chapter) sparks web application security concern in Infosecurityproject Conference: http://www.infosecurityproject.com/
Hong Kong Standard: HKU changes Internet policy to boost security Hong Kong University has changed its Internet policy a week after The Standard reported that improperly indexed material listed on its Web sites could be accessed by users of the Google Internet search engine. Doug Crets 4/3/2006
Hong Kong Standard: Online enemy within The biggest threats to computer users are not hackers but their own ignorance, complacency or carelessness, writes Doug Crets 3/27/2006 URL:http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=11&art_id=15121&sid=7238709&con_type=1&d_str=20060327&sear_year=2006
Web Application Security with PISA: http://www.pisa.org.hk/event/web-appl-sec.htm
OWASP (Hong Kong Chapter): Successful Web Application Security and Hacking Demo seminar co-organized with Hong Kong Java User Group (30 Jul 2005 https://hkjug.dev.java.net/gatherings/2005/0730.html
OWASP (Hong Kong Chapter): Web Application Security organized with Sun Wah Pearl Linux (29 Oct 2005)
P.O. Box No. 6684, General Post Office, Hong Kong SAR
--Anthony Lai 11:25, 6 July 2006 (EDT)