OWASP Hong Kong
OWASP Foundation (Overview Slides) is a professional association of global members and is and open to anyone interested in learning more about software security. Local chapters are run independently and guided by the Chapter_Leader_Handbook. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit professional association your support and sponsorship of any meeting venue and/or refreshments is tax-deductible. Financial contributions should only be made online using the authorized online chapter donation button. To be a SPEAKER at ANY OWASP Chapter in the world simply review the speaker agreement and then contact the local chapter leader with details of what OWASP PROJECT, independent research or related software security topic you would like to present on.
Or consider the value of Individual, Corporate, or Academic Supporter membership. Ready to become a member?
The Hong Kong chapter was formed in December 2004. The objectives to establish OWASP Hong Kong Chapter are mainly because: -There are many web applications established in past 10 years. However, how many developers know that their developed application are secure. Meanwhile, there are many transactional-based systems, we should not ignore that the web application is another channel for hackers to compromise one's confidential information and interrupt any critical business operations.
- Raise the security awareness of web application development among the professionals.
- Encourage professionals to reference standard like ISO7799 for their web application security and post-deployment review as well as audit.
- Accelerate to Share, learn, discuss and review best practices of the experienced web application development security professionals even across various user groups (Java User Group and .NET User Group ) and security associations (i.e. PISA) in Hong Kong.
From left to right: James Tsao, Anthony Lai, David Walker, Richard Stagg, Marco Leung and Gary Kung
- Mainstream web technologies (i.e. .NET, J2EE and PHP on Linux) security assessment
- Web application platform (i.e. Apache, IIS, Linux, Database) security assessment and review.
- Recent Web application security concerns.
- Regularly convey latest projects and presentations from OWASP.
News from Hong Kong Chapter
Seminar: OWASP HK Chapter: Half-Day Event on 27 July (Sat)
Time: 1400 - 1730
Venue: R502, Polytechnic Univiesity, Hunghom
We will hold a seminar on 27 July with the following topic and speakers:
OWASP Top 10 2013 Update - Anthony Lai, SANS GWAPT
CTF for Fun and Profit - Anthony Lai, SANS GWAPT
Mobile Phone Browser XSS - Alan Ho, SANS GWAPT (Gold paper)
Crypto and Web Hack - Zetta KE, PhD student, ISMS, HKUST
The time would be from 1400 to 1800 held in Polytechnic University. We will keep you posted on the venue. Please reach me for registration with your full nam e and email address.
Thank you for your joining.
All speakers are VXRL researchers and have been involved in various Web application research and CTF games, please come and enjoy
P.O. Box No. 6684, General Post Office, Hong Kong SAR
--Anthony Lai 11:25, 6 July 2006 (EDT)