OWASP Conference Policies
Effective January 1, 2013. Approved by Board of Directors Vote on 10-Dec-2012 Board Votes
Anti Harassment Policy
OWASP is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone , regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion and actions such as deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take appropriate action, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately.
Conference staff will be available to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
OWASP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. OWASP will not sell or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties (including but not limited to: sponsors and partner organizations) unless we have your permission or are required by law. OWASP Supporters are advised that no conference attendee lists will be provided to them before, during, or after the event.
During the course of conference registration and related communication, OWASP may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We collect this information to communicate with you about this event and related OWASP matters. Additionally, we hope to better understand the interests and needs of our community.
OWASP Code of Ethics
All participants in OWASP events must adhere to the OWASP Code of Ethics.
Breaches of the Code of Ethics may result in the Foundation taking disciplinary action.
- Perform all professional activities and duties in accordance with all applicable laws and the highest ethical principles;
- Promote the implementation of and promote compliance with standards, procedures, controls for application security;
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of proprietary or otherwise sensitive information encountered in the course of professional activities;
- Discharge professional responsibilities with diligence and honesty;
- To communicate openly and honestly;
- Refrain from any activities which might constitute a conflict of interest or otherwise damage the reputation of employers, the information security profession, or the Association;
- To maintain and affirm our objectivity and independence;
- To reject inappropriate pressure from industry or others;
- Not intentionally injure or impugn the professional reputation of practice of colleagues, clients, or employers;
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity; and
- To avoid relationships that impair — or may appear to impair — OWASP's objectivity and independence.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the above policies, please contact us at http://owasp4.owasp.org/contactus.html