Global Industry Committee
About the Committee
The Global Industry Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal. The OWASP Global Industry Committee (GIC) shall expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. This will be accomplished through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities. The committee is governed by the Global Industry Committee Governance document.
|Lorna Alamri||lorna.alamri 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Joe Bernik §||bernik 'at' gmail dot com||USA|
|Rex Booth||rex.booth 'at' gt dot com||USA|
|David Campbell||dcampbell 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Mauro Flores||mauro.flores 'at' owasp dot org||Uruguay|
|Alexander Fry||alexander.fry 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
|Eoin Keary||eoin.keary 'at' owasp dot org||Ireland|
|Mateo Martinez||mateo.martinez 'at' owasp dot org||Uruguay|
|Colin Watson||colin.watson 'at' owasp dot org||UK|
|Sherif Koussa||sherif.koussa 'at' owasp dot org||Canada|
§ The committee chair is Joe Bernik. The previous chairs were:
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou (Nov 2010 to Jan 2011)
- Colin Watson (Nov 2009 to Oct 2010)
Committee Operational Support:
|Sarah Baso||sarah.baso 'at' owasp dot org||USA|
Former members of the committee:
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou
Join our mailing list - this is the best way to find out what's going on day-to-day, and to provide input.
Currently, the Global Industry Committee holds its monthly meetings on the third Thursday of every month at 16:00 GMT.
The next Global Industry Committee meeting will be: Global Meeting Time Planner - Click Here
- Thursday, 30 June, 2011 at 16:00 (4:00 pm) GMT.
- Dial in: +1-866-534-4754, code: 69277
- Meeting agenda forthcoming
Minutes of previous meetings are:
- 16 June 2011
- 13 May 2011
- 29 Apr 2011
- 08 Apr 2011
- 18 Mar 2011 ( PDF of 18 Mar 2011 Meeting Minutes)
- 04 Mar 2011 ( PDF of 04 Mar 2011 Meeting Minutes) (Proposed GIC Budget for 2011)
- 25 Feb 2011 ( PDF of 25 Feb 2011 Meeting Minutes)
- 9 Feb 2011 (Summit outcomes)
- 17 Aug 2010 (also MP3 recording of the call)
- 18 May 2010
- 05 Jan 2010 (also MP3 recording of the call)
- 23 Jan 2009
- 16 Dec 2010
Membership explains how to become an OWASP organization supporter or individual member. But you don't have to be an OWASP Member or Committee Member to contribute.
The current committee members joined for a 12 month term - see How to Join a Committee and Global Committee Pages. We would especially welcome new members who can widen our geographic coverage (e.g. Africa, Asia and South America) and who have time to contribute proactively.
Work in Progress
The current activities being undertaken:
|Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec EU||10 Jun 2011||Outreach||In progress||Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec EU to educate about GIC initiatives and solicit feedback||RB, NK, SB|
|Enterprise Security Solutions Summit||7 Jun 2011||Outreach||In progress||Manning the OWASP booth doing outreach, membership drive, etc.||DC|
|UK ICO Data Sharing Code of Practice||10 May 2011||Standards||Complete||Submitted OWASP response (12/20/2010) to last year's consultation on the draft||CW|
|OWASP Panel at Brighttalk Appsec Summit||16 March 2011||Outreach||Complete||Participate in panel of OWASP leaders to discuss new web application threats and give insights on ways to secure them for business||DC|
|FedRAMP||17 Jan 2011||Standards||In progress||Provide response to FedRAMP certification and accreditation process||RB|
|Hacking Lab||14 Dec 2011||Outreach||In progress||Matt Tesauro has been working with Hacking Lab previously and brought it to the GIC||MAT|
Other ongoing initiatives
- Special Interest Groups - Outreach to sector-specific critical infrastructures worldwide.
- OWASP India Advisory Board - Regional panel contributing to the software outsourcing industry.
- OWASP Citations - References to OWASP in official, or otherwise important, documents.
Committee Working Documents
- GIC Member Task List
- Comprehensive List of Industry Verticals
- Security For Managers And Executives - Industry Outreach Presentation
About the GIC
- Global Industry Committee Presentation File:Owasp-summit2009-industry-committee.ppt
(for inclusion into other full OWASP presentations):
- Sep 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-september-2009.ppt
- Jul 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-july-2009.ppt
- May 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-may-2009.ppt
- Apr 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-april-2009.ppt
- Mar 2009 File:Owasp-industry-committee-summary-march-2009.ppt