Difference between revisions of "Global Industry Committee"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
m
(Work in Progress)
(29 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
=== Mission Statement ===
 
=== Mission Statement ===
  
The Global Industry Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal. '''The OWASP Global Industry Committee (GIC) shall expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. This will be accomplished through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities.'''   
+
The Global Industry Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal. '''The OWASP Global Industry Committee (GIC) shall expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. This will be accomplished through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities.'''  The committee is governed by the [[Global Industry Committee Governance]] document.
* Currently open for discussion and pending GIC approval: The committee is governed by the [[Global Industry Committee Governance]] document.
+
 
<br>
 
<br>
  
Line 18: Line 17:
 
! Location
 
! Location
 
|-
 
|-
| Lorna Alamri
+
| Tobias Gondrom
| lorna.alamri 'at' owasp dot org  
+
| tobias.gondrom 'at' owasp dot org  
| USA
+
| HK, UK and DE
 
|-
 
|-
| Joe Bernik §
+
| Rex Booth
| bernik 'at' gmail dot com
+
| rex.booth 'at' owasp dot org  
| USA
+
| DC, USA
|-
+
| Rex Booth  
+
| rex.booth 'at' gt dot com
+
| USA
+
|-
+
| David Campbell
+
| dcampbell 'at' owasp dot org  
+
| USA
+
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mauro Flores
 
| Mauro Flores
Line 43: Line 34:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Eoin Keary
 
| Eoin Keary
|eoin.keary 'at' owasp dot org  
+
| eoin.keary 'at' owasp dot org  
| Ireland
+
| Dublin, Ireland
|-
+
| Nishi Kumar
+
| nishi.kumar@owasp.org
+
| USA
+
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Mateo Martinez
 
| Mateo Martinez
Line 57: Line 44:
 
| colin.watson 'at' owasp dot org  
 
| colin.watson 'at' owasp dot org  
 
| UK
 
| UK
 +
|-
 +
| Marco Morana
 +
 +
| UK
 +
|-
 +
| Christian Papathanasiou
 +
| christian.papathanasiou 'at' owasp dot org
 +
| Greece
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
'''§ The committee chair is Joe Bernik.'''  The previous chairs were:  
+
'''§ The committee chair is Tobias Gondrom.'''  The previous chairs were:  
  
 +
*Rex Booth (July 2011 to September 2012)
 +
*Joe Bernik (Feb 2011 to July 2011)
 
*Yiannis Pavlosoglou (Nov 2010 to Jan 2011)
 
*Yiannis Pavlosoglou (Nov 2010 to Jan 2011)
 
*Colin Watson (Nov 2009 to Oct 2010)
 
*Colin Watson (Nov 2009 to Oct 2010)
  
<br>Committee Operational Support:
 
 
{| class="prettytable FCK__ShowTableBorders"
 
|-
 
! Name
 
! Email
 
! Location
 
|-
 
| [[User:Sarah_Baso |Sarah Baso]]
 
| sarah.baso 'at' owasp dot org
 
| USA
 
|}
 
  
 
Former members of the committee:
 
Former members of the committee:
 +
*David Campbell
 +
*Georg Hess
 +
*Eoin Keary
 
*Yiannis Pavlosoglou
 
*Yiannis Pavlosoglou
 +
*Joe Bernik
 +
*Nishi Kumar
 +
*Lorna Alamri
 +
*Sherif Koussa
  
  
  
==== Getting Involved  ====
+
==== Meetings and Getting Involved  ====
  
 
=== Mailing List  ===
 
=== Mailing List  ===
Line 91: Line 83:
  
 
=== Meetings  ===
 
=== Meetings  ===
 +
Currently, the Global Industry Committee conference call meetings approximately every 4 weeks and last no longer than an hour.
  
The next Global Industry Committee meeting will be:  
+
 
Global Meeting Time Planner - [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/advmeeting.html Click Here]
+
The '''next Global Industry Committee meeting''' will be:  
*TBA
+
'''Monday Oct-15, 2012, 18:00 UTC / GMT.'''
 +
 
 +
Global Meeting Time Planner - [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121015T19&p1=136&ah=1 Click Here]
 +
 
 +
'''Meeting agenda'''
 +
* CISO Guide
 +
* CISO Survey
 +
* Industry Table at AppSec US
 +
* industry bodies contacts?
 +
* ...?
  
  
 
Minutes of previous meetings are:  
 
Minutes of previous meetings are:  
  
 +
*[[Industry:Minutes_2012-06-13|13 June 2012]]
 +
* 19 April 2012
 +
* 02 September 2011
 +
* 28 July 2011
 +
*[[Industry:Minutes_2011-06-16|16 June 2011]]
 
*[[Industry:Minutes_2011-05-13|13 May 2011]]
 
*[[Industry:Minutes_2011-05-13|13 May 2011]]
 
*[[Industry:Minutes_2011-04-29|29 Apr 2011]]
 
*[[Industry:Minutes_2011-04-29|29 Apr 2011]]
Line 111: Line 118:
 
*[[Industry:Minutes 2009-01-23|23 Jan 2009]]
 
*[[Industry:Minutes 2009-01-23|23 Jan 2009]]
 
* 16 Dec 2010
 
* 16 Dec 2010
 
 
  
 
=== Membership  ===
 
=== Membership  ===
Line 137: Line 142:
 
! Who
 
! Who
 
|-
 
|-
| [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2011/Industry_Outreach Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec EU]
+
| ENISA Who-Is-Who Directory
| 10 Jun 2011
+
| Sep 2012
 
| Outreach
 
| Outreach
| In progress
+
| New
| Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec EU to educate about GIC initiatives and solicit feedback
+
| Request update to ENISA Who-Is-Who directory ([http://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/who-is-who-directory-2011 2011 version]) for OWASP and OWASP UK; promote other EU chapters to submit information
| RB, NK, SB
+
| CW
 
|-
 
|-
| [http://pages.event.fishnetsecurity.com/page.aspx?QS=472529ec60bdf32a82a426e012293c9bd031529fe8a7723f3daf606009fc4561 Enterprise Security Solutions Summit]
+
| [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Industry:DECC_Smart_Metering_Implementation Smart Metering Implementation Draft Licence Condition Relating to Security]
| 7 Jun 2011
+
| 18 Jul 2012
 +
| Standards
 +
| Closed
 +
| Submit response to UK smart meter security consultation
 +
| CW, TG
 +
|-
 +
| Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec EU 2012
 +
| 12 Jul 2012
 
| Outreach
 
| Outreach
| In progress
+
| Closed
| Manning the OWASP booth doing outreach, membership drive, etc.
+
| Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec EU to educate about OWASP initiatives and solicit feedback
| DC
+
|-
+
| [http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/topic_guides/data_sharing.aspx UK ICO Data Sharing Code of Practice]
+
| 10 May 2011
+
| Standards
+
| Complete
+
| Submitted [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:Owasp-ico-data-sharing-cop-consultation-response-1.pdf OWASP response] (12/20/2010) to last year's consultation on the draft
+
 
| CW
 
| CW
 
|-
 
|-
| [http://www.brighttalk.com/community/cloud-computing/webcast/24582 OWASP Panel at Brighttalk Appsec Summit]
+
| AppSec Guide For CISO
| 16 March 2011
+
| 2011
 
| Outreach
 
| Outreach
| Complete
 
| Participate in panel of OWASP leaders to discuss new web application threats and give insights on ways to secure them for business
 
| DC
 
|-
 
| [http://www.cio.gov/pages.cfm/page/Federal-Risk-and-Authorization-Management-Program-FedRAMP FedRAMP]
 
| 17 Jan 2011
 
| Standards
 
 
| In progress
 
| In progress
| Provide response to FedRAMP certification and accreditation process
+
|  
| RB
+
| MM
 
|-
 
|-
| [http://hacking-lab.com/ Hacking Lab]
+
| [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Industry:GIC_CISO_Survey_2013 CISO Survey 2013 on Application Security - Draft]
| 14 Dec 2011
+
| Feb 2013
 
| Outreach
 
| Outreach
 
| In progress
 
| In progress
| Matt Tesauro has been working with Hacking Lab previously and brought it to the GIC
+
|  
| MAT
+
| TG
 +
|-
 +
| Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec US 2012
 +
| 25 Oct 2012
 +
| Outreach
 +
| In Progress
 +
| Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec US to educate about OWASP initiatives and solicit feedback
 +
| TG
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
 
  
 
=== Other ongoing initiatives  ===
 
=== Other ongoing initiatives  ===
Line 198: Line 202:
  
 
=== Committee Working Documents ===
 
=== Committee Working Documents ===
 +
*'''[https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdEpRbVhBUEljMGpLNnVJa0FHeWZwMkE&hl=en_US&authkey=CPjLgdwN 2011 GIC Budget]
 
* [https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdEZ1NmNHRGZOX3E0V2F2T2lUZ0RyVkE&hl=en&authkey=CN3toL0F GIC Member Task List]
 
* [https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApZ9zE0hx0LNdEZ1NmNHRGZOX3E0V2F2T2lUZ0RyVkE&hl=en&authkey=CN3toL0F GIC Member Task List]
 
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ow_XZ_chhopu0yAYuMnmGXfdTRhlrKJEdqKZZ-pHloo/edit?hl=en&authkey=CPWb-csP Comprehensive List of Industry Verticals]
 
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ow_XZ_chhopu0yAYuMnmGXfdTRhlrKJEdqKZZ-pHloo/edit?hl=en&authkey=CPWb-csP Comprehensive List of Industry Verticals]
Line 204: Line 209:
  
 
=== Monthly Reports ===
 
=== Monthly Reports ===
 
+
*[https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AZZ9zE0hx0LNZGczZ3B4YnpfMTJnMmh6ZjJmYg&hl=en_US Ppt template for Monthly Board Meeting updates]
 
*[[Media:GIC_update_4_29_2011.pdf| May Industry Committee Update]]
 
*[[Media:GIC_update_4_29_2011.pdf| May Industry Committee Update]]
 
*[http://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:GIC_update.pptx April Industry Committee Update]
 
*[http://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:GIC_update.pptx April Industry Committee Update]
  
  
===OWASP Summits===
+
===OWASP Summits and Working Sessions===
 
+
*[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1WTTmmpc2bx3IZ9f5zU2ubTG_BrCxxrXzVHnUQUIzAWI/edit?hl=en_US Notes from Industry Outreach Sessions at AppSec EU - Dublin, 2011]
 +
*From Industry Outreach Session at 2011 AppSec EU - [https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1UFf0Fuqhg_0u49E4s6iNxmEwNP8358M36sXs1mwLg3O3oQC7fFSwAxKMUoYW&hl=en_US Ppt presentation on CISO Survey, Rex Booth]
 +
*From Industry Outreach Session at 2011 AppSec EU -[https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1ZFUaqj7fVSFm1BwEMnVCAS_Zi5xJUbugVHZP54hULIdEUYJYVkQ93vzsuY3o&hl=en_US Ppt presentation on Industry Outreach, Lorna Alamri]
 
*[[Summit 2011]] ([[Media:Summit2011-industry-committee-outcomes.pdf|Working session outcomes]])
 
*[[Summit 2011]] ([[Media:Summit2011-industry-committee-outcomes.pdf|Working session outcomes]])
 
*[[Summit 2009]]
 
*[[Summit 2009]]

Revision as of 07:10, 20 October 2012

About the Committee

Mission Statement

The Global Industry Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal. The OWASP Global Industry Committee (GIC) shall expand awareness of and promote the inclusion of software security best practices in Industry, Government, Academia and regulatory agencies and be a voice for industry. This will be accomplished through outreach; including presentations, development of position papers and collaborative efforts with other entities. The committee is governed by the Global Industry Committee Governance document.


Committee Members


Members:

Name Email Location
Tobias Gondrom tobias.gondrom 'at' owasp dot org HK, UK and DE
Rex Booth rex.booth 'at' owasp dot org DC, USA
Mauro Flores mauro.flores 'at' owasp dot org Uruguay
Alexander Fry alexander.fry 'at' owasp dot org USA
Eoin Keary eoin.keary 'at' owasp dot org Dublin, Ireland
Mateo Martinez mateo.martinez 'at' owasp dot org Uruguay
Colin Watson colin.watson 'at' owasp dot org UK
Marco Morana UK
Christian Papathanasiou christian.papathanasiou 'at' owasp dot org Greece


§ The committee chair is Tobias Gondrom. The previous chairs were:

  • Rex Booth (July 2011 to September 2012)
  • Joe Bernik (Feb 2011 to July 2011)
  • Yiannis Pavlosoglou (Nov 2010 to Jan 2011)
  • Colin Watson (Nov 2009 to Oct 2010)


Former members of the committee:

  • David Campbell
  • Georg Hess
  • Eoin Keary
  • Yiannis Pavlosoglou
  • Joe Bernik
  • Nishi Kumar
  • Lorna Alamri
  • Sherif Koussa


Meetings and Getting Involved

Mailing List

Join our mailing list - this is the best way to find out what's going on day-to-day, and to provide input.


Meetings

Currently, the Global Industry Committee conference call meetings approximately every 4 weeks and last no longer than an hour.


The next Global Industry Committee meeting will be: Monday Oct-15, 2012, 18:00 UTC / GMT.

Global Meeting Time Planner - Click Here

Meeting agenda

  • CISO Guide
  • CISO Survey
  • Industry Table at AppSec US
  • industry bodies contacts?
  • ...?


Minutes of previous meetings are:

Membership

Membership explains how to become an OWASP organization supporter or individual member. But you don't have to be an OWASP Member or Committee Member to contribute.

The current committee members joined for a 12 month term - see How to Join a Committee and Global Committee Pages. We would especially welcome new members who can widen our geographic coverage (e.g. Africa, Asia and South America) and who have time to contribute proactively.


Current Activity

Work in Progress

The current activities being undertaken:

Task Deadline Type Status Description Who
ENISA Who-Is-Who Directory Sep 2012 Outreach New Request update to ENISA Who-Is-Who directory (2011 version) for OWASP and OWASP UK; promote other EU chapters to submit information CW
Smart Metering Implementation Draft Licence Condition Relating to Security 18 Jul 2012 Standards Closed Submit response to UK smart meter security consultation CW, TG
Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec EU 2012 12 Jul 2012 Outreach Closed Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec EU to educate about OWASP initiatives and solicit feedback CW
AppSec Guide For CISO 2011 Outreach In progress MM
CISO Survey 2013 on Application Security - Draft Feb 2013 Outreach In progress TG
Industry Outreach Sessions at OWASP AppSec US 2012 25 Oct 2012 Outreach In Progress Conduct industry outreach sessions at AppSec US to educate about OWASP initiatives and solicit feedback TG

Other ongoing initiatives


Completed Items

View the GIC's past initiatives


GIC Records

Committee Working Documents


Monthly Reports


OWASP Summits and Working Sessions


About the GIC


Summaries

(for inclusion into other full OWASP presentations):



Join our mailing list | How to Join a Committee | Learn about other Global Committees