Global Chapter Committee
To provide the support required at the local level to accomplish the overall mission and goals of the association.
- Define what a chapter is and its role in strengthening the OWASP initiatives and future goals
- Identify the current state of Chapters- number of Chapters Vs active chapters
- Define a clear and transparent guidelines of chapter Governance aligned with OWASP goals, including:
- Start a new chapter or becoming a chapter leader
- Chapter operation boundaries & Rules
- Duties & responsibilities of a chapter leader
- Managing regional and local level
- Resolving conflict of interests.
- Performance measurement metrics and minimal
- Work closely with Global Membership Committee to incorporate the member benefits that enables the chapter to attract more memberships.
- Work with Education Committee to promote OWASP projects as educational tools.
- Provide chapters with useful resources to help them succeed.
- Help individuals in getting more from OWASP chapters.
- Ensure as many chapters as possible are healthy and active.
Everyone is busy. To make it possible for busy people to contribute, the global chapters committee subdivides its goals into micro tasks easily digestible in an hour or two by busy volunteers.
|Recruit an additional member to the committee|
|Chapters portal||Sort out the chapter list into geographical areas|
|Locate and list presentations for chapter meetings|
|Locate and list other resources for chapters|
|Revamp the chapters home page||Ofer Shezaf|
|Chapters Handbook||Fill in the managing money section||Sebastien Deleersnyder|
|Fill in in the meetings section||Mandeep Khera|
|Fill in the marketing and growing a chapter section||Mandeep Khera|
|Chapters survey||Create a database of North American chapters including leaders, last meeting date and number of meetings in 2009. Start with an Excel list and then progress to sales force.|
|Same for Europe|
|Same for Asia|
|Same for ROW||Ofer Shezaf|
The global chapters meetings meets using Skype each last Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m. GMT. Corresponding local times are (winter non daylight saving time):
- 12:00 p.m. EST
- 5:00 p.m. CET
- 6:00 p.m. Israel
- 9:30 p.m. India
The meeting is not a goal by itself but is the due date for delivery of last month tasks. The chair will send an invite to the meeting prior to the meeting. If you want to join the meeting please contact the Ofer Shezaf
All meeting agenda's and notes are on the GCC Meetings page
- Chapter Committee Board Member Rep: Tom Brennan
- Committee Chair: *Ofer Shezaf
- Puneet Mehta
- Matthew Chalmers
- Kate Hartmann
- Mandeep Khera
- Sebastien Deleersnyder (Belgium)
We are actively seeking additional committee members. Contact Ofer Shezaf if you want to join and contribute to one of OWASP most important activities.