Global Chapter Committee
The Global Chapter Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal 2008. The primary purpose of the Global Chapter Committee is: To provide the support required at the local level to accomplish the overall mission and goals of OWASP.
To provide the support required at the local level to accomplish the overall mission and goals of the association.
Chapter Committee Board Member Rep: Tom Brennan (USA)
- Puneet Mehta (India)
- Ofer Shezaf (Israel)
- Matthew Chalmers (USA)
- Kate Hartmann (USA)
- Sebastien Deleersnyder (Belgium)
We are actively seeking additional committee members. Contact Ofer Shezaf if you want to join and contribute to one of OWASP most important activities.
- Define what a chapter is and its role in strengthening the OWASP initiatives and future goals
- Identify the current state of Chapters- number of Chapters Vs active chapters
- Define a clear and transparent guidelines of chapter Governance aligned with OWASP goals, including:
- Start a new chapter or becoming a chapter leader
- Chapter operation boundaries & Rules
- Duties & responsibilities of a chapter leader
- Managing regional and local level
- Resolving conflict of interests.
- Performance measurement metrics and minimal
- Work closely with Global Membership Committee to incorporate the member benefits that enables the chapter to attract more memberships.
- Work with Education Committee to promote OWASP projects as educational tools.
The Global Chapter Committee Meetings take place via Skype each last Tuesday of the month, see below for the local time: 11:00 a.m. @ Milwaukee 12:00 p.m. @ Washington, DC 6:00 p.m. @ Brussels 6:00 p.m. @ Tel Aviv 9:30 p.m. @ New Delhi
All meeting agenda's and notes are on the GCC Meetings page
- Provide chapters with useful resources to help them succeed.
- Help individuals in getting more from OWASP chapters.
- Ensure as many chapters as possible are healthy and active.
Everyone is busy. To make it possible for busy people to contribute, the global chapters committee subdivides its goals into micro tasks easily digestible in an hour or two by busy volunteers.
|Recruit an additional member to the committee|
|Chapters portal||Sort out the chapter list into geographical areas|
|Locate and list presentations for chapter meetings|
|Locate and list other resources for chapters|
|Chapters Handbook||Fill in the managing money section|
|Fill in in the meetings section|
|Fill in the marketing and growing a chapter section|
|Chapters survey||Create a database of North American chapters including leaders, last meeting date and number of meetings in 2009. Start with an Excel list and then progress to sales force.|
|Same for Europe|
|Same for Asia|