Global Chapter Committee
The Global Chapter Committee was created during the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal 2008. The primary purpose of the Global Chapter Committee is: To provide the support required at the local level to accomplish the overall mission and goals of OWASP.
To provide the support required at the local level to accomplish the overall mission and goals of the association.
Chapter Committee Board Member Rep: Seba (Belgium)
- Puneet Mehta (India)
- Ofer Shezaf (Israel)
- Matthew Chalmers (USA)
- Kate Hartmann (USA)
- Define what a chapter is and its role in strengthening the OWASP initiatives and future goals
- Identify the current state of Chapters- number of Chapters Vs active chapters
- Define a clear and transparent guidelines of chapter Governance aligned with OWASP goals, including:
- Start a new chapter or becoming a chapter leader
- Chapter operation boundaries & Rules
- Duties & responsibilities of a chapter leader
- Managing regional and local level
- Resolving conflict of interests.
- Performance measurement metrics and minimal
- Work closely with Global Membership Committee to incorporate the member benefits that enables the chapter to attract more memberships.
- Work with Education Committee to promote OWASP projects as educational tools.
The Global Chapter Committee Meetings take place via Skype each last Tuesday of the month, see below for the local time: 11:00 a.m. @ Milwaukee 12:00 p.m. @ Washington, DC 6:00 p.m. @ Brussels 6:00 p.m. @ Tel Aviv 9:30 p.m. @ New Delhi
All meeting agenda's and notes are on the GCC Meetings page
|Chapter Survey||In Progress||Create a survey to be sent to every chapter leader globally, asking them about the chapter, OWASP and what they need/want in the regions.||Matthew Chalmers|
|Chapter Handbook|| Outline: July 2009
Full: Dec 2009
|Document||This is a core deliverable and will contain everything required to run a chapter successfully for OWASP. It will include guidelines, marketing, agreements etc.||Ofer Shezaf|
|Mentor Program||In Progress||Provide leadership and guidance to new or reestablished chapter and chapter leaders.||Kate Hartman|
|Leaders Podcast||Idea Stage||Provide an easy to consume audio alternative to the handbook.||Not assigned|
|Chapter Governance||Idea Stage||Differentiate between "special interest groups" with light rules and chapters with a more formal governance||Not assigned|