GlobalMembershipCommittee Notes 20100615

From OWASP
Revision as of 13:34, 15 June 2010 by MichaelCoates (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Attendees

- PRESENT -

Michael Coates

Kate Hartmann

Stephen Craig Evans

- NOT PRESENT -

Dan Cornell

Sebastien Deleersnyder

Membership Status

May 2010 Numbers

Total Number of Individual Memberships: 974

New Memberships in May: 57

Renewals in May: 13

Lost memberships in May (did not renew): 47

May Income from Individual Memberships: $3,500

Portion allocated to local chapters: $1,180

May Profit from Individual Memberships: $2320

Total Number of Organization Memberships: 34

New Memberships in May: 3 (Promon, Trustwave, Gemalto)

Renewals in May: 0

Lost memberships in May (did not renew): 2 (PegaSystems & Imperva)

May Income from Corporate Memberships: $15,000

Portion allocated to local chapters: $4,000

May Profit from Corporate Memberships: $11,000

Total Profit for May: $13,320


Agenda

  • Review membership numbers
  • Review Outstanding Action Items
  • Membership Kit Status
  • Status: Sending Top 10 Books to corp members
  • Status: Contacting corp members
  • Funds - Is membership model preventing Season of Code?
 Email Snippet:
 Michael:
   4. Are we planning any future seasons of code? It may just be me, but it
   seemed that the 08 SoC made lots of things happen for OWASP. Since then
   things have seemed a bit slow.
 Dinis:
 The concept of Seasons of Code is currently on hold, due to:
 1) need to complete the reorganization and mapping of ALL OWASP project under the new 'Project Information' tab and 'Template Driven Wiki pages' (we need help)
 2) focus to move the (limited) OWASP financial resources from paying OWASP Leaders (which is a VERY complicated issue) to providing logistical & operational resources to those projects and leaders
 3) lack of funds (OWASP due to the recession, new membership model and some losses at OWASP Conferences; is still in a not very strong financial position)
  • Update on Action Items
    • ACTION ITEM: KATE - We need to determine an estimated cost for this (Creation of Organizational Supporter Kits) and check we have mailing addresses for all organizational members
    • ACTION ITEM: SEBA - Follow up with connection committee to see if they are contacting other security conferences for OWASP involvement
    • ACTION ITEM: SEBA Follow up with Google
    • ACTION ITEM: DAN Follow up with Facebook

Minutes