Difference between revisions of "GlobalMembershipCommittee Notes 20100419"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
=== Attendees  ===
 
=== Attendees  ===
  
UPDATE
+
- PRESENT -
  
Michael Coates  
+
Michael Coates
  
 
Dan Cornell  
 
Dan Cornell  
  
Stephen Craig Evans
+
Sebastien Deleersnyder
  
Kate Hartmann
+
- NOT PRESENT -
  
Sebastien Deleersnyder
+
Stephen Craig Evans
  
 +
Kate Hartmann
  
 
=== Membership Status ===
 
=== Membership Status ===
Line 60: Line 61:
 
* OWASP Presence at Security Conferences
 
* OWASP Presence at Security Conferences
 
** Are we visible? (blackhat, secwest, hack in the box, Shmoocon, etc)
 
** Are we visible? (blackhat, secwest, hack in the box, Shmoocon, etc)
 +
* More outreach to chapter leadership, project leadership
 +
* New membership drive
  
 
=== Minutes ===
 
=== Minutes ===
 +
 +
* Membership Status
 +
** Yay, almost 1000 members
 +
** New membership drive push
 +
 +
* Membership Kits
 +
** Agreed that membership kits would be modified as follows to minimize cost
 +
*** Memberhip kit will only contain an OWASP T-Shirt
 +
*** An electronic copy of the membership card and certificate will be e-mail'ed to the member
 +
*** For memberships created as a result of conference registration the user will receive their t-shirt at the conference. This will minimize the shipping costs for our international members.
 +
*** The other items of the membership kit will be eliminated (printed badge, badge holder, sticker)
 +
** Savings: $4.34 per kit --> 22% savings for domestic membership kits and 16% savings for international kits
 +
** Additional Savings: Possibly reduces Kate's time and significantly reduces international shipping costs (for conference originated membership)
 +
 +
* Creation of Organizational Supporter Kits
 +
** Purpose: To provide regular information to organizational supporters regarding OWASP
 +
** Each organizational supporter will receive an OWASP kit each quarter
 +
** Contents
 +
*** 2 copies of an OWASP book printed from lulu (OWASP Top 10 is first book)
 +
*** 1 glossy printout of most recent OWASP newsletter
 +
** '''ACTION ITEM: KATE''' - We need to determine an estimated cost for this and check we have mailing addresses for all organizational members
 +
 +
* Organizational Supporter Contact
 +
** Purpose: To establish regular communication between OWASP and organizational supporters
 +
** All of the organizational supporters will be logically divided by region or established contacts between the OWASP membership committee and OWASP board members (as needed).
 +
** Each quarter the OWASP contact point will call and speak with the organizational supporter contact point
 +
** Goal:
 +
*** Establish and build relationship with OWASP
 +
*** Ensure supporter is aware of local chapter events
 +
*** Discuss how OWASP and supporter can further work together
 +
** '''ACTION ITEM: MICHAEL''' - Build list and perform first pass of division
 +
 +
* Organizational GOLD Supporter / Bundle
 +
** Discussing idea of creating a bundled supporter package.
 +
** Goal is to allow an org to use a single PO for the entire year for multiple OWASP "purchases"
 +
** Ideas for bundle include:
 +
*** Organizational Supporter
 +
*** Conference Attendance
 +
*** Banner Ads
 +
*** Conference Sponsorships
 +
*** Local Chapter donations
 +
** Need to determine what % discount
 +
** Need to create sample bundles and possibly offer ala carte style bundling
 +
 +
* OWASP Presence at Conferences
 +
** Is OWASP visible at big security conferences? (BlacHat, HitB, CanSecWest, etc)
 +
** What about developer conferences?
 +
** Seba proposed OWASP contact conference organizers to establish official relationship. This is something connections committee is likely handling.
 +
** '''ACTION ITEM: SEBA''' - Follow up with connection committee to see if they are doing this
 +
 +
'''ACTION ITEM: SEBA''' Follow up with Google
 +
 +
'''ACTION ITEM: DAN'''  Follow up with Facebook

Latest revision as of 15:48, 21 April 2010

Contents

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Attendees

- PRESENT -

Michael Coates

Dan Cornell

Sebastien Deleersnyder

- NOT PRESENT -

Stephen Craig Evans

Kate Hartmann

Membership Status

March 2010 Numbers

Total Number of Individual Memberships: 927

New Memberships in March: 67

Renewals in March: 13

Lost memberships in March (did not renew): 54

March Income from Individual Memberships: $4000

Portion allocated to local chapters: $1340

March Profit from Individual Memberships: $2660

Total Number of Organization Memberships: 32

New Memberships in March: 0

Renewals in March: 4 (BAH, Cigital, Symantec, Fishnet)

Lost memberships in March (did not renew): 1 (Breach)

March Income from Corporate Memberships: $20,000

Portion allocated to local chapters: $2,000

March Profit from Corporate Memberships: $18,000

Agenda

  • Review membership numbers
  • Discuss membership kits see April Board Minutes
  • Corporate Membership Kit
    • Tangible benefit/reminder of OWASP
    • Quarterly OWASP Book
    • Printed Newsletter
    • OWASP T-Shirt
  • Corporate "gold" bundle membership
    • Discussed during OWASP DC
  • OWASP Presence at Security Conferences
    • Are we visible? (blackhat, secwest, hack in the box, Shmoocon, etc)
  • More outreach to chapter leadership, project leadership
  • New membership drive

Minutes

  • Membership Status
    • Yay, almost 1000 members
    • New membership drive push
  • Membership Kits
    • Agreed that membership kits would be modified as follows to minimize cost
      • Memberhip kit will only contain an OWASP T-Shirt
      • An electronic copy of the membership card and certificate will be e-mail'ed to the member
      • For memberships created as a result of conference registration the user will receive their t-shirt at the conference. This will minimize the shipping costs for our international members.
      • The other items of the membership kit will be eliminated (printed badge, badge holder, sticker)
    • Savings: $4.34 per kit --> 22% savings for domestic membership kits and 16% savings for international kits
    • Additional Savings: Possibly reduces Kate's time and significantly reduces international shipping costs (for conference originated membership)
  • Creation of Organizational Supporter Kits
    • Purpose: To provide regular information to organizational supporters regarding OWASP
    • Each organizational supporter will receive an OWASP kit each quarter
    • Contents
      • 2 copies of an OWASP book printed from lulu (OWASP Top 10 is first book)
      • 1 glossy printout of most recent OWASP newsletter
    • ACTION ITEM: KATE - We need to determine an estimated cost for this and check we have mailing addresses for all organizational members
  • Organizational Supporter Contact
    • Purpose: To establish regular communication between OWASP and organizational supporters
    • All of the organizational supporters will be logically divided by region or established contacts between the OWASP membership committee and OWASP board members (as needed).
    • Each quarter the OWASP contact point will call and speak with the organizational supporter contact point
    • Goal:
      • Establish and build relationship with OWASP
      • Ensure supporter is aware of local chapter events
      • Discuss how OWASP and supporter can further work together
    • ACTION ITEM: MICHAEL - Build list and perform first pass of division
  • Organizational GOLD Supporter / Bundle
    • Discussing idea of creating a bundled supporter package.
    • Goal is to allow an org to use a single PO for the entire year for multiple OWASP "purchases"
    • Ideas for bundle include:
      • Organizational Supporter
      • Conference Attendance
      • Banner Ads
      • Conference Sponsorships
      • Local Chapter donations
    • Need to determine what % discount
    • Need to create sample bundles and possibly offer ala carte style bundling
  • OWASP Presence at Conferences
    • Is OWASP visible at big security conferences? (BlacHat, HitB, CanSecWest, etc)
    • What about developer conferences?
    • Seba proposed OWASP contact conference organizers to establish official relationship. This is something connections committee is likely handling.
    • ACTION ITEM: SEBA - Follow up with connection committee to see if they are doing this

ACTION ITEM: SEBA Follow up with Google

ACTION ITEM: DAN Follow up with Facebook