GlobalMembershipCommittee Notes 20091022
Meeting #8 - Thursday, October 22, 2009
- Michael Coates
- Dan Cornell
- Kate Hartmann
Minutes (10:00 - 10:45 EDT)
- General catch up
- Committee is working with online voting sites to provide services for first OWASP vote on next OWASP Board member
- Kate received feedback on membership kit and shirts. Will be ordering member stickers and OWASP shirts will say "member"
- Kate verifying OWASP membership CDs functioning ok.
- How should honorary members be handled for membership kits? Idea to provide t-shirt and virtual material for membership card and certificate.
- Prepare material for Global Summit. We will have about 30 minutes to update everyone.
* Status update * Membership Progress * Discussion points - govt sponsorship, tiered membership for corporates (gold or silver) * Kate to email membership numbers by month * Dan to create first draft of slides
- Tiered membership ideas (gold or silver)
* (GOLD) Higher cost, includes pre-purchase of conference admission, owasp logo, etc at discount rate. Banner ads, conference sponsorships have been good incentives so far * (SILVER) Existing corporate plan. * May be good option for companies able to make 1 big purchase instead of multiple small items through the year * Kate will survey corporate members for their opinions and bring up at conference committee meeting and global board meeting
- Kate to follow-up on Microsoft corporate membership status