GlobalMembershipCommittee Notes 20090820
Revision as of 08:47, 24 August 2009 by Stephen Evans
Meeting #6 - Thursday, August 20, 2009
- Michael Coates (host)
- Dan Cornell
- Kate Hartmann
- Stephen Craig Evans
Minutes (16:00 - 16:45 EDT)
- General catch up
- Kate shared with the group the labor-intensive process of shipping out membership kits; including her time, the cost exceeds the available 30 USD per member.
- Current individual membership count is just over 700 and was 652 on August 06.
- Discussed having a Membership Committee presence at the AppSec DC conference November 10-13th. Kate volunteered to be there and do something after the initial rush of registration on the first day; note that she is the only person that can process credit cards on the spot.
- Discussed situations that required voting and who should qualify.
- Electing a board member - electing a 6th Board Member has been discussed - should be done by current OWASP contributors, which include: (1) Paid Members; (2) Board Members; (3) Chapter Leaders; (4) Committee Members; and (5) Project Leaders of active projects as determined by the Global Projects Committee (if somebody belongs to more than one group, they still have only one vote).
- Excluding for board membership, other elections should have a broader base of voters - perhaps including non-member chapter meeting attendees.
- Kate will present the committee's recommendations at the next Board Meeting.
- Discussed getting more organization supporters, focusing on conference sponsors.
- Agreed to have a monthly meeting on the last Thursday of every month at 10 a.m. ET (United States).