GPTC Minutes 2009-06-08
GPC Call 2009-06-08
Start 4:00 PM Central Time
Paulo sent some links via Skype
>> Consensus was that this was MUCH better.
The experience 8 is a very early draft of Paulo playing around.Looks like we've got a good start on getting the templates needed for criteria v2
We discussed the questions – Matt had sent a draft to Dinis & Paulo. Paulo will put it on a Google Doc and share with the committee
(Google Form's first version https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/viewform?formkey=cjlOaW95ZXBfLWdNeTZnYURrbzFKSFE6MA..]
Looked at the changes that Jason made:
Conversation about the thread that happened on the Leaders List
- Throw back a bone – perhaps make the stipen smaller
- Perhaps do the boiling frog method to wean the OWASP off stipens – slowly decrease the stipens to zero
- Break issue into
- Do we pay stipens?
- If so, how much do we pay?
- Are we paying for work product or are we paying for something to be done (a recievable)?
- Eventually OWASP would be removed from the handling they payment of project leads – instead sponsoring companies would handle this.
- Make OWASP like the Google Summer of Code
- OWASP value add is the promotion and sponsorship of the project.
- OWASP goes from paying for someone's time to paying to get the guy's job done
- Pays to make sure the guy can get things done
- Be enablers to the project leads
- You shouldn't be out of pocket (cash) while doing your project
- OWASP should be paying for everything from your time
- Lots of discussion here.
- Next thing to work on – additional funding for the SoC
- How is this going work – how to get external support/sponsors?
- Can we ge a couple more memberships for OWASP?
- Brad was tasked with mapping this out
- http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Funds_available_for_OWASP_Projects (this project is completely out of date)
- Brad gave an example of the code guide at his company
- There were sponsorships for 2007 http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Spring_Of_Code_2007
- This was part of their membership fees
- Could propose 40% of your membership fees toward a project when a company becomes a member
- Say “you become a member, we'll give you a class based on the class pack”
- Paulo sent the link to Jason's survey results:https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/ccc?key=pJzNU1yNJd7VBH1bS6rY0EQ&hl=en and https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/owasp.org/ccc?key=rHFvhU15v3S3myFqSWQVXyg&hl=en
- Value we provide is that OWASP sits in the middle of the community and do the facilitation
- New projects – Paulo report
- No problems or something to report
- Focusing on getting the frames/templates done for criteria v2
- Another Task for me (Matt):
- Launching SoC in one week
- One more list discussion
- Plan for how we are going to get the maximum visibility for the SoC launch -
- Blogs, press pack, podcasts, how to disseminate the news
- Hook Pravir about how to launch this like OpenSAMM
- Made some good deals with his launch – need to do the same
- Viral gorilla type marketing
- How to get committees to fill out the details of their areas
- Start pushing questions to the committees
- Need the SoC to launch to put some pressure on the committees to deliver
- Be very proactive about the Education project
End Time 5:53 PM.