GPC Agenda 2009-09-08

De OWASP
Saltar a: navegación, buscar

Agenda

  • OWASP Board Meeting September 01 decisions with direct impact upon GPC activity:
    • Honorary memberships to be given to "active" OWASP participants (chapter leader, project participants, etc.). Chapter and projects committees to submit proposal for persons to be given membership.
    • Begin with "state of OWASP" then maximum 1 hour given to each committee during the mini summit to present their issues and topics and board meeting at the end to vote. Thoughts about a panal discussion or debate during summit.
    • Announcement for 6th Board member vote that will occur in November. Ballots to be created and candidates need to be placed on the ballot prior to 10/10/09.
    • Projects committee should determine which projects/project leaders are supported financially. Travel, evangalism, publication, training, etc.....
    • Committees can have paypal buttons on their pages to enable sponsors to dedicate the sponsor budget to a certain area. e.g. Education


Minutes

Meeting started 10PM/GMT+1

  • Issue: Is it the right time to spread the OWASP Project Identification Tab through ALL OWASP Projects?
    • Outcome/decision:
      • Yes, it´s the right time to spread the template.
      • The entire committee as a whole will assume the task.
      • Jason is still working on the template wiki code.


  • Issue: Honorary memberships to be given to "active" OWASP participants (chapter leader, project participants, etc.). Chapter and projects committees to submit proposal for persons to be given membership.
    • Outcome/decision:
      • This responsibility has been delegated by OWASP Board and the GPC has agreed to accept its share on it.
      • Paulo will assume the lead in writing down a draft to square to who the honorary membership should be given.


  • Issue: Begin with "state of OWASP" then maximum 1 hour given to each committee during the mini summit to present their issues and topics and board meeting at the end to vote. Thoughts about a panel discussion or debate during summit.
    • Outcome/decision:
      • Brad will draft a template letter to be used by OWASP Board to be sent off to the committee members' employers explaining they have been invited to particpate in the Mini-Summit. 
      • In the next week GPC's conference call the work to build an agenda to discuss in the Mini-Summit will start.
        • A few aspects to focus on:
          • Why hasn't the SoC 09 been launched still?
          • Which criteria should ultimately preside SoC's fund allocation?
          • GPC's new methodologies to manage and assess projects.


  • Issue: Announcement for 6th Board member vote that will occur in November. Ballots to be created and candidates need to be placed on the ballot prior to 10/10/09.
    • Outcome/decision:
      • No decision has been made. The ballot process - mainly its logistics questions - was thoroughly discussed.


  • Issue: Projects committee should determine which projects/project leaders are supported financially. Travel, evangelism, publication, training, etc.....
    • Outcome/decision:
      • This responsibility has been delegated by OWASP Board and the GPC has agreed to accept it.
      • Matt Tesauro has assumed the task of drafting a framework to deal with this kind of issues.
      • Dinis suggested an SoC 09 application to fund this initiative.
      • Even without a general framework to square the question of partially funding Matt's trip to Brasil AppSec, the GPC, having into account his relevant past contributions and its interest in being represented in this conference, has decided to support the expenses. Matt has been asked to come up with an estimate of cost.


  • Issue: Committees can have paypal buttons on their pages to enable sponsors to dedicate the sponsor budget to a certain area. e.g. Education
    • Outcome/decision:
      • Paulo will contact Kate and Larry so as to install the tool at GPC wiki page


Meeting ended 01 AM/GMT+1

Next Meeting

  • Discuss the possibility of using the "OWASP on the Move" programme to fund the activities above mentioned (projects/project leaders: Travel, evangelism, publication, training, etc.....)