Revision as of 10:32, 28 January 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 127
- Inactive Projects: 67
Currently Working On
- Project Infrastructure Testing
- I have begun testing the new Project Infrastructure.
- There are currently two projects going through the process.
- All participants have been made aware that they are participating in a pilot review.
- They will provide feedback upon completion.
- I have had one review completed.
- OWASP Code Review Guide
- Eoin and Larry, the project leader and project support volunteer, met today.
- We have developed a roadmap towards getting the project started.
- I plan to use this experience to get the other projects started and on their way.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I will present this once more and then make it live.
- I have gotten great feedback from the community.
- Please ensure you have all of your queries to me before launch.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- The next initiative meeting is on January 28 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
- The last initiatives meeting went very well.
- This next initiatives meeting will be entirely projects based.
- Please make sure you register and contribute to this next meeting.
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- I plan to make this live when the Projects Page goes live.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The Georgia Tech Institue has sent us over their PO. We are now waiting for payment.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed, and is ready to submit.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.
- General Fundraising Update: We have recruited a Fundraising Support Volunteer to help us with grant research, writing, and fundraising infrastructure development and implementation. Her name is Bev Corwin, and she is currently working on finding more grant opportunities for OWASP.