Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2013-25-01"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
**Inactive Projects: 67
 
**Inactive Projects: 67
  
*New Projects
+
*'''New Projects'''
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Embedded_Application_Security OWASP Embedded Application Security]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Embedded_Application_Security OWASP Embedded Application Security]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_OpenStack_Security_Project OWASP OpenStack Security Project]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_OpenStack_Security_Project OWASP OpenStack Security Project]
  
*Projects Under Review
+
*'''Projects Under Review'''
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cheat_Sheets OWASP Cheat Sheets Project]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cheat_Sheets OWASP Cheat Sheets Project]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Java_HTML_Sanitizer_Project OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Project]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Java_HTML_Sanitizer_Project OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer Project]
  
 
==Currently Working On==   
 
==Currently Working On==   
 
*'''Project Infrastructure Testing'''
 
**I have begun testing the new Project Infrastructure.
 
**There are currently two projects going through the process.
 
**All participants have been made aware that they are participating in a pilot review.
 
**They will provide feedback upon completion.
 
**I have had one review completed.
 
 
*'''OWASP Code Review Guide'''
 
**Eoin and Larry, the project leader and project support volunteer, met today.
 
**We have developed a roadmap towards getting the project started. 
 
**I plan to use this experience to get the other projects started and on their way.
 
  
 
*'''New Project Web Page'''
 
*'''New Project Web Page'''
 
**The new [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Project Page] design is now complete.
 
**The new [https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Project Page] design is now complete.
 
**Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.  
 
**Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.  
**I will present this once more and then make it live.  
+
**The test page was demoed last week during the OWASP Initiatives Seminar.
 
**I have gotten great feedback from the community.
 
**I have gotten great feedback from the community.
**Please ensure you have all of your queries to me before launch.
+
**Launch will be Friday, February 1st 2013.  
  
 
*'''OWASP Initiatives Meeting'''
 
*'''OWASP Initiatives Meeting'''
**The next initiative meeting is on January 28 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
+
**The Initiatives Webinar went very well.
**The last initiatives meeting went very well.
+
**The entire Webinar focused on OWASP Projects.
**This next initiatives meeting will be entirely projects based.  
+
**There were many questions and suggestions raised during the event.
**Please make sure you register and contribute to this next meeting.
+
**I demoed the New Projects Page, the projects infrastructure, and the Projects Handbook.
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit Projects Handbook 2013]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit Projects Handbook 2013]'''
 
**The Projects Handbook is complete.  
 
**The Projects Handbook is complete.  
 
**Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.  
 
**Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.  
**I plan to make this live when the Projects Page goes live.  
+
**Launch will be Friday, February 1st 2013.
 +
 
 +
*'''Preparation for FOSDEM'''
 +
**ZAP flyers have been designed for the event. 
 +
**The flyers have been printed and shipped to Seba.
 +
**The event will be on February 2nd & 3rd.
 +
 
 +
*'''Preparation for London BSides'''
 +
**Fabio Cerullo and I had a conversation about flyers and Schwag for this event.
 +
**We are in the process of creating, and sourcing items for this.
 +
**The event is in April, and several OWASPers from the London area are attending.
 +
**[http://www.securitybsides.org.uk/ Security BSides London]
  
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
Line 60: Line 59:
 
*'''Guidebooks Grant'''
 
*'''Guidebooks Grant'''
 
#Amount: $25,000
 
#Amount: $25,000
#Status: We have been accepted as a vendor for the Georgia Tech Institute which is the organization responsible for paying us the awarded funds. Alison is in the process of putting together an invoice for the first instalment. The Georgia Tech institute is in the process of sending us a purchase order.  
+
#Status: The Georgia Tech Institue has sent us over their PO. We are now waiting for payment.  
  
 
*'''ESAPI Proposal'''
 
*'''ESAPI Proposal'''
Line 68: Line 67:
 
*'''ModSecurity Grant Writing'''
 
*'''ModSecurity Grant Writing'''
 
#Amount: $30,000
 
#Amount: $30,000
#Status: The first draft is now completed. We are in the internal review phase now.  
+
#Status: This proposal has been completed, and is ready to submit.
  
 
*'''Google Grants Proposal'''
 
*'''Google Grants Proposal'''
 
#Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
 
#Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
#Status: We have been successful in our application. We have been awarded $120,00 American dollars per year for this initiative.  
+
#Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.  
  
 
*'''Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.'''   
 
*'''Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.'''   
 +
 +
*'''General Fundraising Update:''' We have recruited a Fundraising Support Volunteer to help us with grant research, writing, and fundraising infrastructure development and implementation. Her name is Bev Corwin, and she is currently working on finding more grant opportunities for OWASP.
  
  
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2013]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2013]]

Latest revision as of 11:07, 28 January 2013

Contents

Project Division Updates

Currently Working On

  • New Project Web Page
    • The new Project Page design is now complete.
    • Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
    • The test page was demoed last week during the OWASP Initiatives Seminar.
    • I have gotten great feedback from the community.
    • Launch will be Friday, February 1st 2013.
  • OWASP Initiatives Meeting
    • The Initiatives Webinar went very well.
    • The entire Webinar focused on OWASP Projects.
    • There were many questions and suggestions raised during the event.
    • I demoed the New Projects Page, the projects infrastructure, and the Projects Handbook.
  • Projects Handbook 2013
    • The Projects Handbook is complete.
    • Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
    • Launch will be Friday, February 1st 2013.
  • Preparation for FOSDEM
    • ZAP flyers have been designed for the event.
    • The flyers have been printed and shipped to Seba.
    • The event will be on February 2nd & 3rd.
  • Preparation for London BSides
    • Fabio Cerullo and I had a conversation about flyers and Schwag for this event.
    • We are in the process of creating, and sourcing items for this.
    • The event is in April, and several OWASPers from the London area are attending.
    • Security BSides London
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • Global AppSec questions.
    • Funding queries.
    • Travel availability.
    • Project based administrative help.
    • Project status information.
    • Several project donations questions.
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
    • What's happening with projects, questions.

Grants Updates

  • Guidebooks Grant
  1. Amount: $25,000
  2. Status: The Georgia Tech Institue has sent us over their PO. We are now waiting for payment.
  • ESAPI Proposal
  1. Amount: $25,000
  2. Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
  • ModSecurity Grant Writing
  1. Amount: $30,000
  2. Status: This proposal has been completed, and is ready to submit.
  • Google Grants Proposal
  1. Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
  2. Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.
  • Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.
  • General Fundraising Update: We have recruited a Fundraising Support Volunteer to help us with grant research, writing, and fundraising infrastructure development and implementation. Her name is Bev Corwin, and she is currently working on finding more grant opportunities for OWASP.