Revision as of 00:32, 20 February 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 129
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Projects Under Review
Currently Working On
- AppSec APAC 2013
- I will be attending AppSec APAC next week.
- I will be leaving on Sunday, 17th, and I will be back on Tuesday, 26th.
- I will be taking photographs at the event.
- I will be managing the OWASP Projects Track presenters, as well.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- The webinar went very well yesterday.
- Sarah lead this week's webinar, and I answered questions from the community.
- You can find the presentation on the OWASP Initiatives Page
- Grants and Partnerships
- Our grants volunteer, Bev Corwin, proposed that OWASP participate in the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group.
- This initiative is sponsored by NIST.
- Bev submitted an application for us to become an organisational member.
- Jim Manico is our voting chair for this initiative.
- Jim and Bev are in the process of putting together a group to represent OWASP.
- Chapter Leader Workshop
- I will be leading the Chapter Leader workshop at AppSec APAC 2013.
- Sarah, Kate and I worked together to get the logistics sorted.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: We are still waiting for payment from DHS.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.
- OWASP Static Analysis Tools Funding: DHS
- There is a possibility of funding some of our Static Analysis tools.
- The interested party is a different department within the DHS.
- No word yet from Kevin.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.