Revision as of 18:13, 18 April 2013 by Samantha Groves
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 145
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Projects Under Review
- Project Applications
- OWASP Web Application Security Quick Reference Guide Project
- OWASP Application Fuzzing Framework Project
- OWASP Security JDIs Project
- OWASP Scytale Project
Currently Working On
- OWASP Marketing
- I am managing the OWASP Marketing deliverables for the foundation.
- I am managing the relationship with the Marketing company hired to deliver some materials for us.
- The Ops Team and I discussed our current relationship with them, and the deliverables they have provided us.
- We made decisions on these pieces, and recommendations on creative brief adjustments.
- We met with the Marketing company this week, and communicated our decisions to them.
- I am currently coordinating a webinar with the Marketing company, to communicate out their recommendations to us to our community.
- Projects in SalesForce
- All existing project meta data has been entered into SalesForce.
- The challenge now is implementing a workflow that will help me manage the data and the relationships between each piece of information.
- I am currently working with Kate to figure out a short term solution for this.
- The long term solution is to build SalesForce portals that will allow project leaders the ability to self manage their data.
- Women in Security Event Module
- I met with several volunteers at the New York City volunteer meeting for AppSec USA 2013.
- Some of these volunteers are interested in bringing the Women in Security event module back to AppSec USA this year.
- I helped collect volunteer information, created a mailing list, and I am managing the conversation to help get this event module to the conference this year.
- We are currently developing guidelines and entry requirements for new candidates.
- Projects at AppSec EU
- Several members of the Ops Team and I met with Dirk, the local events planner for AppSec EU 2013.
- We decided on bringing the Open Source Showcase, and the OWASP Projects Track (OPT) to the conference this year.
- Dirk already has speakers lined up for the OPT, and I am putting together a "Call for Entries" for the OSS.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: We have received our first payment from DHS. Alison has confirmed that she received a check for $7,000 for our projects.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We continue to test different keywords and strategies to try and find the best way to leverage this grant award. We are currently testing a strategy for the AppSec USA conference this year. I am seeking assistance from an AdWords expert next week.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.