Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2013-19-04"
(Created page with "__TOC__ = OWASP Global Projects Report = *'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdFdaYXJ6SDFXNXBaemNwbnNHN3N5RVE#gid=16 Project Numbers]''' ...")
Revision as of 15:35, 18 April 2013
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 142
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Projects Under Review
- Project Applications
- OWASP Good Component Practices Project
- OWASP Bywaf Project
- OWASP S.T.I.N.G Project
Currently Working On
- Staff Summit 2013: New York City, USA
- The majority of the OWASP Staff met for 4 days in New York city for a week long staff working summit.
- Topics covered include: global marketing, international accounting, SalesForce, project lifecycle, project marketing, chapter funds, etc.
- A visual workflow for the projects lifecycle was discussed and outlined.
- Project funds allocation guidelines were discussed.
- Operational set up in SalesForce for projects was discussed and planned.
- Projects in SalesForce
- All existing project meta data has been entered into SalesForce.
- Currently, I am working on developing the projects dashboard and reporting work flow within SalesForce.
- Kate and I discussed an organisational structure within SalesForce that we can build and use to manage our projects.
- SalesForce portals were discussed as a long term solution for our project leaders, project initiative job management, and user data.
- Short term solution is to create an efficient workflow for me to manage all of this data while our portals are being developed.
- Project Lifecycle Info-graphic
- The Ops Team had a long discussion about the project lifecycle, and the visualisation of that information.
- I wanted to be sure my doodles would make sense to individuals unfamiliar with the process.
- Several adjustments were made based on team feedback.
- I am sourcing different design agencies for an info-graphic quote.
- Internal Marketing Plan
- The Ops Team had a long discussion about our marketing needs, marketing relationships, and deliverables.
- We went through each line item and discussed the deliverable in details.
- The outcome was a list of deliverables that have been approved, require adjustments, or that require a complete re-work.
- Our list has been communicated to the Marketing company hired to create our deliverables.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: DHS has sent the first instalment of our grant award.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We continue to test different keywords and strategies to try and find the best way to leverage this grant award. We are currently testing a strategy for the AppSec USA conference this year. I am seeking assistance from an AdWords expert next week.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.