Revision as of 17:44, 18 January 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 124
- Inactive Projects: 67
Currently Working On
- Project Infrastructure Testing
- I have begun testing the new Project Infrastructure.
- There are currently two projects going through the process.
- All participants have been made aware that they are participating in a pilot review.
- They will provide feedback upon completion.
- I have had one review completed.
- OWASP Code Review Guide
- Eoin and Larry, the project leader and project support volunteer, met today.
- We have developed a roadmap towards getting the project started.
- I plan to use this experience to get the other projects started and on their way.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I will present this once more and then make it live.
- I have gotten great feedback from the community.
- Please ensure you have all of your queries to me before launch.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- The next initiative meeting is on January 28 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
- The last initiatives meeting went very well.
- This next initiatives meeting will be entirely projects based.
- Please make sure you register and contribute to this next meeting.
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- I plan to make this live when the Projects Page goes live.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: We have been accepted as a vendor for the Georgia Tech Institute which is the organization responsible for paying us the awarded funds. Alison is in the process of putting together an invoice for the first instalment. The Georgia Tech institute is in the process of sending us a purchase order.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The first draft is now completed. We are in the internal review phase now.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We have been successful in our application. We have been awarded $120,00 American dollars per year for this initiative.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.