Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2013-18-01"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "__TOC__ = Project Division Updates = *'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdFdaYXJ6SDFXNXBaemNwbnNHN3N5RVE#gid=16 Project Numbers]''' **Ac...")
 
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
**Active Projects: 124
 
**Active Projects: 124
 
**Inactive Projects: 67
 
**Inactive Projects: 67
 
*New Incubator Projects
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Crowdtesting OWASP Crowdtesting]
 
**[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Focus OWASP Focus]
 
  
 
*Projects Under Review
 
*Projects Under Review
Line 21: Line 17:
 
**All participants have been made aware that they are participating in a pilot review.  
 
**All participants have been made aware that they are participating in a pilot review.  
 
**They will provide feedback upon completion.
 
**They will provide feedback upon completion.
 +
**I have had one review completed.
  
*'''Project Reboot Status'''
+
*'''OWASP Code Review Guide'''
**Received funding for 3 projects.
+
**Eoin and Larry, the project leader and project support volunteer, met today.
**Seeking funding for 2 more.  
+
**We have developed a roadmap towards getting the project started.
**Allocated Project Support volunteers for 3 projects.  
+
**I plan to use this experience to get the other projects started and on their way.  
  
 
*'''New Project Web Page'''
 
*'''New Project Web Page'''
Line 31: Line 28:
 
**Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.  
 
**Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.  
 
**I will present this once more and then make it live.  
 
**I will present this once more and then make it live.  
**I will ask the Leaders List for feedback as well.   
+
**I have gotten great feedback from the community.
 +
**Please ensure you have all of your queries to me before launch.   
  
 
*'''OWASP Initiatives Meeting'''
 
*'''OWASP Initiatives Meeting'''
 
**The next initiative meeting is on January 28 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST  
 
**The next initiative meeting is on January 28 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST  
 
**The last initiatives meeting went very well.
 
**The last initiatives meeting went very well.
**I presented the updated Projects Page, and asked for Feedback.
+
**This next initiatives meeting will be entirely projects based.  
**I presented the finished Projects Infrastructure and asked for Feedback from the community.  
+
**Please make sure you register and contribute to this next meeting.
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit Projects Handbook 2013]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MpZx5w4TaqS-FoQaEXDhncz6dhG4mdgC4id2HsJQhjc/edit Projects Handbook 2013]'''
**The Projects Handbook is almost complete.  
+
**The Projects Handbook is complete.  
 
**Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.  
 
**Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.  
 
**I plan to make this live when the Projects Page goes live.  
 
**I plan to make this live when the Projects Page goes live.  
Line 58: Line 56:
 
*'''Guidebooks Grant'''
 
*'''Guidebooks Grant'''
 
#Amount: $25,000
 
#Amount: $25,000
#Status: We have been accepted as a vendor for the Georgia Tech Institute which is the organization responsible for paying us the awarded funds. Alison is in the process of putting together an invoice for the first installment.
+
#Status: We have been accepted as a vendor for the Georgia Tech Institute which is the organization responsible for paying us the awarded funds. Alison is in the process of putting together an invoice for the first instalment. The Georgia Tech institute is in the process of sending us a purchase order.  
  
 
*'''ESAPI Proposal'''
 
*'''ESAPI Proposal'''
 
#Amount: $25,000
 
#Amount: $25,000
#Status: I heard back from Deb yesterday. The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.  
+
#Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.  
  
 
*'''ModSecurity Grant Writing'''
 
*'''ModSecurity Grant Writing'''
 
#Amount: $30,000
 
#Amount: $30,000
#Status: We are in the grant writing process.
+
#Status: The first draft is now completed. We are in the internal review phase now.  
  
 
*'''Google Grants Proposal'''
 
*'''Google Grants Proposal'''
 
#Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
 
#Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
#Status: We have been added to the Google Grants System. I am waiting for confirmation from the Google for Non-Profits team. I have asked them to confirm that we have indeed received the award.   
+
#Status: We have been successful in our application. We have been awarded $120,00 American dollars per year for this initiative.
 +
 
 +
*'''Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.'''  
  
  
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2013]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2013]]

Latest revision as of 18:44, 18 January 2013

Contents

Project Division Updates

Currently Working On

  • Project Infrastructure Testing
    • I have begun testing the new Project Infrastructure.
    • There are currently two projects going through the process.
    • All participants have been made aware that they are participating in a pilot review.
    • They will provide feedback upon completion.
    • I have had one review completed.
  • OWASP Code Review Guide
    • Eoin and Larry, the project leader and project support volunteer, met today.
    • We have developed a roadmap towards getting the project started.
    • I plan to use this experience to get the other projects started and on their way.
  • New Project Web Page
    • The new Project Page design is now complete.
    • Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
    • I will present this once more and then make it live.
    • I have gotten great feedback from the community.
    • Please ensure you have all of your queries to me before launch.
  • OWASP Initiatives Meeting
    • The next initiative meeting is on January 28 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
    • The last initiatives meeting went very well.
    • This next initiatives meeting will be entirely projects based.
    • Please make sure you register and contribute to this next meeting.
  • Projects Handbook 2013
    • The Projects Handbook is complete.
    • Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
    • I plan to make this live when the Projects Page goes live.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • Global AppSec questions.
    • Funding queries.
    • Travel availability.
    • Project based administrative help.
    • Project status information.
    • Several project donations questions.
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
    • What's happening with projects, questions.

Grants Updates

  • Guidebooks Grant
  1. Amount: $25,000
  2. Status: We have been accepted as a vendor for the Georgia Tech Institute which is the organization responsible for paying us the awarded funds. Alison is in the process of putting together an invoice for the first instalment. The Georgia Tech institute is in the process of sending us a purchase order.
  • ESAPI Proposal
  1. Amount: $25,000
  2. Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
  • ModSecurity Grant Writing
  1. Amount: $30,000
  2. Status: The first draft is now completed. We are in the internal review phase now.
  • Google Grants Proposal
  1. Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
  2. Status: We have been successful in our application. We have been awarded $120,00 American dollars per year for this initiative.
  • Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.