Revision as of 11:47, 19 March 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 139
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Projects Under Review
- Project Applications
- Development of security framework based on Owasp Esapi for JSF2.0 (DSFE) Project
Currently Working On
- Black Hat EU
- I attended the Black Hat EU conference this week.
- I helped set up and manage our OWASP Booth for two days.
- I was also able to attend the Netherlands Chapter meeting.
- Martin Knobloch, Dennis Groves, and Anil Pazvant volunteered at the event as well.
- For more details, please read by Black Hat EU 2013 Post Conference Report.
- OWASP University Challenge & CTF at Global AppSecs
- Martin Knobloch and I were able to meet and talk about how to bring University Challenge and the Capture the Flag event modules to AppSec EU Research, USA, and Latam.
- Martin was concerned since Dirk, the local AppSec EU Research organizer, did not seem too keen on having CTF & University Challenge event modules at this year’s AppSec EU.
- Dirk was concerned over space availability so Martin and I developed a solution.
- We proposed to have the OSS, CTF, and the University Challenge event modules share a room.
- We are waiting to hear back from Dirk regarding logistics.
- OWASP at Hack in the Box: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I had the fantastic opportunity to meet with the CEO of Hack in the Box, Mr. Dhillon Kannabhiran.
- We spoke about a possible partnership between OWASP and Hack in the Box.
- We currently have a booth for the Amsterdam show, and I negotiated a booth for us at the Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia event as well.
- Logistics are currently being developed and planned.
- OWASP Asia Leadership Outreach Project
- This Asia Leadership Outreach Project came about during the discussion Dhillon and I had about OWASP at the Kuala Lumpar, Hack in the Box event.
- He mentioned that he has offered OWASP a booth at the Kuala Lumpar, Hack in the Box event for a few years.
- However, the local OWASP chapter volunteers have not been able to represent OWASP very well at his conference.
- We suggested developing an OWASP Malaysia and Singapore outreach program that would involve a workshop, and the co-running of the Hack in the Box booth by members of both chapters.
- Dhillon agreed that developing a workshop with Western leaders giving primary direction will help the Malaysian and Singaporean chapters understand their responsibilities at similar outreach events.
- I am currently putting together a proposal for this project.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: We are still waiting for payment from DHS.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.