Revision as of 14:48, 11 January 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 122
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Pending Project Applications
- OWASP Crowdtesting
Currently Working On
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- We have now selected our two OPT speakers.
- Dennis Groves: OWASP AppSensor the future of Application Security.
- Jim Manico: Using ESAPI for Java to Build Secure Web Applications.
- They are both registered, and have their travel arrangements sorted.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I plan to make this live next week.
- I have received great feedback from the OWASP Board. Please do let me know if you have further comments or suggestions.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is almost complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- I plan to make this live by next week with the Projects Page.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: Alison, Kate, and I submitted the final paperwork. Deb has accepted, and she is in the process of sorting out payment. The payments will be distributed to us in 3 instalments.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: Deb, our DHS Representative, has let me know that this proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is currently in the peer review stage of the assessment. We should hear back from them after the holidays.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: We are still in the grant writing process.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: This is complete and submitted. We should hear back from the Google Grants team some time this month.
- Samantha Groves
- Nishi Kumar
- Keith Turpin
- Kate Hartman
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning - Dennis Groves and Jim Manico are our two project speakers for this conference. Their travel, registration, and hotel reservations are sorted.
- The new Project Page design is now complete. Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc. I am planning on making this live next week.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting: The next initiative meeting is on January 10 at both 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EST & 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST. Register for the 9AM Meeting Register for the 9PM Meeting
- I will not have any scheduled GPC meetings for the rest of January. These meetings will be replaced by the OWASP Initiatives Meetings.
- Keith suggested that we should try the initiatives meetings for the month of January and then decide whether we wish to meet more regularly come February. I agree. This is the plan. Please make sure you join the Initiative Meetings. The registration can be found on Announcement 3.
- Projects Handbook 2013- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft. I plan to make this live by next week with the Projects Page.
- Keith suggested we develop a project requirement that will identify a project's maturity level both visually and within their documentation.
- I tasked myself with developing a template, visual branding, and review criteria to meet this need.