Revision as of 08:53, 5 April 2013 by Samantha Groves
OWASP Global Projects Report
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 142
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Projects Under Review
- Project Applications
- OWASP RailsGoat Project
Currently Working On
- OWASP Projects at Global AppSec Events
- I have developed a first draft of the event modules that I plan to coordinate at AppSec EU and USA.
- AppSec EU: Open Source Showcase & OWASP Projects Track.
- AppSec USA: Project Leader Workshop, Open Source Showcase (modified: 30 minute, presentation style demos), Project Summit.
- The proposals have now been sent to the local event planning teams.
- I am waiting to hear back from them now.
- OWASP Project Leaders: Brand Usage Guidelines
- I have begun developing brand usage guidelines for our project leaders with Jim Manico's help.
- We have decided to use the Apache Software Foundation's documentation on the subject as a guide for our own.
- We feel they developed excellent material, and we plan to use their guidelines as a starting point.
- I have spent this week researching their materials, and outlining our usage requirements.
- OWASP Grants
- We have decided to take a different approach to our grant research, writing, and management.
- This is primarily due to the limited number of resources and staff bandwidth.
- The plan is to source a hand full of grants for the foundation.
- Then focus on grant writing and management of these proposed grants for the year.
- Q2 will start the research stage of this plan.
- Development of Technical Project Advisor Requirements
- This item involves the new management work flow for project reviews that was proposed for 2013.
- The volunteer job descriptions are still under development.
- I hope to have these up by next week on our Initiatives page.
- Projects Review Process Proposal
- To read the full descriptions, please visit the advisory role descriptions document.
- Project Leader Responsibilities & Expectations
- I am currently working on putting together documentation that outlines a project leader's responsibilities, and our foundation's expectations of them.
- I am also developing a "How to run a successful OWASP project" document.
- An OWASP project lifecycle info graphic is being developed as well.
- I hope that these "How To" documents and graphics will help project leaders understand their responsibilities, and how to leverage the OWASP project infrastructure for success.
- This is an ongoing operations project.
- I will have a first draft of these completed by the end of next week.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: DHS and Georgia Tech have not sent payment. I am reaching out to them again to try and see what the hold up is.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: The ModSecurity proposal is still being reviewed.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: We continue to test different keywords and strategies to try and find the best way to leverage this grant award. We are currently testing a strategy for the AppSec USA conference this year. I am seeking assistance from an AdWords expert next week.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.