Revision as of 13:01, 4 January 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 122
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Pending Project Applications
- OWASP Crowdtesting
Currently Working On
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- We have now selected our two OPT speakers.
- Dennis Groves: OWASP AppSensor the future of Application Security.
- Jim Manico: Using ESAPI for Java to Build Secure Web Applications.
- They are both registered, and have their travel arrangements sorted.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I plan to make this live next week.
- I have received great feedback from the OWASP Board. Please do let me know if you have further comments or suggestions.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is almost complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- I plan to make this live by next week with the Projects Page.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: Alison, Kate, and I submitted the final paperwork. Deb has accepted, and she is in the process of sorting out payment. The payments will be distributed to us in 3 instalments.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: Deb, our DHS Representative, has let me know that this proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is currently in the peer review stage of the assessment. We should hear back from them after the holidays.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: We are still in the grant writing process.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: This is complete and submitted. We should hear back from the Google Grants team some time this month.