Revision as of 11:27, 4 February 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 127
- Inactive Projects: 67
Currently Working On
- New Project Web Page
- The web page has been launched.
- It has replaced the OWASP Projects Page
- I am focusing on updating and maintaing our projects page at least twice a week.
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is now live.
- Users can download it on the Projects Web Page.
- Preparation for FOSDEM
- FOSDEM went very well for the Event team in Brussels.
- The flyers went down very well.
- Simon's presentation on ZAP went very well according to attendees.
- The OWASP representatives at the event mentioned that many developers were not aware of OWASP.
- It is suggested we attend more events like these for outreach.
- Preparation for London BSides
- Fabio Cerullo and I had a conversation about flyers and Schwag for this event.
- We are still in the process of creating, and sourcing items for this.
- Security BSides London
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: We are still waiting for payment.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: This proposal has been submitted and received.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.
- OWASP Static Analysis Tools Funding: DHS
- There is a possibility of funding some of our Static Analysis tools.
- The interested party is a different department within the DHS.
- I am currently in talks with the DHS representative responsible for these initiatives.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.