Revision as of 10:01, 4 February 2013 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 127
- Inactive Projects: 67
Currently Working On
- New Project Web Page
- The web page has been launched.
- It has replaced the OWASP Projects Page
- OWASP Initiatives Meeting
- Projects Handbook 2013
- The Projects Handbook is complete.
- Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback on the last draft.
- Launch will be Friday, February 1st 2013.
- Preparation for FOSDEM
- ZAP flyers have been designed for the event.
- The flyers have been printed and shipped to Seba.
- The event will be on February 2nd & 3rd.
- Preparation for London BSides
- Fabio Cerullo and I had a conversation about flyers and Schwag for this event.
- We are in the process of creating, and sourcing items for this.
- The event is in April, and several OWASPers from the London area are attending.
- Security BSides London
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
- Guidebooks Grant
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The Georgia Tech Institue has sent us over their PO. We are now waiting for payment.
- ESAPI Proposal
- Amount: $25,000
- Status: The ESAPI proposal is still being reviewed.
- ModSecurity Grant Writing
- Amount: $30,000
- Status: This proposal has been completed, and is ready to submit.
- Google Grants Proposal
- Amount: $120,00 in Adwords Funds
- Status: I have begun managing the Adwords account regularly. I am waiting until we reach the implementation phase with our marketing company.
- Total Grant Funds Awarded: $145,000 for 2013.
- General Fundraising Update: We have recruited a Fundraising Support Volunteer to help us with grant research, writing, and fundraising infrastructure development and implementation. Her name is Bev Corwin, and she is currently working on finding more grant opportunities for OWASP.