Revision as of 11:45, 29 November 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 117
- Archived Projects: 41
- Merged Projects: 43
Currently Working On
- Projects at AppSec APAC 2013: Jeju, South Korea
- Sarah and I have been working together to develop the Projects Module for our Global AppSec Conferences.
- We decided that we should try to bring the Open Source Showcase and the OWASP Project Track initiatives to all four Global AppSec Conferences.
- The Call for Entries forms have been developed and launched this week.
- Blog Announcement
- Open Source Showcase Announcement
- OWASP Project Track Announcement
- We are in the process of getting the forms translated into Korean.
- Project Support Volunteer Role Development
- Samantha put together a role description for a part-time project support volunteer.
- This role was developed to help the 3 Guidebook projects with project support duties.
- Please see the Volunteer Job Description Document for more details.
- We are looking for 3 separate volunteers that will be responsible for the same role.
- Each volunteer will be responsible for project support duties for one project.
- SourceForge Update
- Jason, Kate and Samantha attended a meeting with the Geeknet team.
- We let them know that we will be ending our contract.
- We discussed the possibility of proposing alternative payment options with them.
- They agreed to review our proposal.
- Jason, Kate, and Samantha agreed on two alternative payment options.
- Samantha drafted a response to the Geeknet Team, outlining our options.
- Option 1: OWASP would like to propose that Geeknet waive either all or a percentage of the invoice fee, and redistribute the funds as a donation to the OWASP Foundation.
- Option 2: OWASP would like to propose a 1 year corporate membership, and a 6 month online rotating banner advertisement in exchange for $10,000 being deduction from the Invoice in question. Total value: $17,500 in OWASP Services.
- Project Processes Development
- Putting the handbook aside until these are fleshed out and agreed to.
- I feel it is a much better idea to tackle individually, and them add them to the handbook.
- Process form development: 1st Draft Complete, Please Review.
- Project Stage Benefits: 1st Draft Complete, Please Review.
- Project Graduation Process: Proposal Still Under Development.
- Project Graduation Criteria: Proposal Still Under Development.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: Deb is in the process of delivering the correct tax forms.
- ESAPI Grant Proposal: Still waiting to hear back from Deb.
- Google Grants Application is complete and Submitted.
- We are set to hear back from the Google Grants team by the beginning of 2013.
- We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.
- Ryan has completed his project plan for the ModSecurity Project.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal for the DHS.