GPC/Meetings/2012-28-09

From OWASP
Revision as of 12:30, 26 September 2012 by Samantha Groves (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Pending Projects Set Up
    • TestingTheWeb: Waiting for the 5 day waiting time to run out. Then I will set it up.
    • OWASP University Challenge: Waiting for information.
    • OWASP Hacking-Lab Project: Waiting for information.
  • Pending Project Confirmations
    • Forensic Guide: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
    • Xelenium: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
    • Intelligent Security: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
  • Inquiries to the Committee
    • What is the project donation process? Keith can you elaborate on it?
    • I have a volunteer wanting to take over a project that is inactive. We cannot get hold of the previous PL? What is the process to change leaders, if any?

Currently Working On

  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • How to get marketing aid: Business Cards
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Information request from outside the community regarding projects
  • AppSec USA OSS
    • We currently have 3 confirmed attendees
    • We currently have 2 pending travel funding requests: Can we decide yes or no today so I can action this immediately?
  • OWASP ZAP Project Marketing Plan
    • The ZAP Marketing Project Plan has been created and agreed upon
    • We made minor adjustments to the plan based on changes in availability and budget
    • Simon and I have met and are busy implementing our plan. Please see document for more details.
  • DHS Host Project Funding Proposal
    • I have completed and sent off the updated budget for our DHS Funding proposal
    • Deborah has accepted it, and after a few rounds of questioning, we have now finalised our submission
    • We hope to hear back from Deborah with the DHS decision sometime next week
  • Atlassian Open Source License
    • Our Atlassian PM Community Licence Application has been accepted, and we now have full access to the software
    • The interested parties have been given their login information, and they are currently in the process of setting it up
    • All of OWASP now has access to this software for our projects

Events Management

  1. Events Management Task List
  2. Document put together based on my past experience in events management, and my experience at AppSec Ireland
  3. Aim is to help new events managers understand how to break down event planning in an easy to understand way

Important Meeting Discussion Points

  1. Discussion on the availability of all members.
  2. Need a head count of who is going to AppSec USA.
  3. I must have a concrete voting decision on what to do about funding travel for Kostas and Greg.

Important Meeting Outcomes

  1. Leadership Transfer of OWASP Stinger Project: Will contact Eric and Jim from White Hat Security to get access to Code Repository.
  2. Jason will remain chair of the committee for the next month. We will discuss his availability once again after November 21, 2012.
  3. We have decided on what to do about the funding request. Kostas will get full funding. Greg will get approx. $435 which will cover his airfare, and we will request that he work the conference for the two days he is there.
  4. Samantha will draft up the funding acceptance letters, and send it to the committee for review. If there is no response, then Sam will send the letters to Kostas and Greg. Then Sam will inform the other committees of the GPCs decision.
  5. Project Donations: Keith has sent over 2 documents that were previously used to donate a project. We will review these before any action is taken.
  6. Major Task: Must begin working on Project Handbook.
  7. We are continuing to meet weekly with Samantha creating weekly PM reports
  8. Samantha will contact Mark from SourceForge to see what are account situation is. Samantha will touch base with Alison to confirm what our budget is.
  9. Decision: When a vote is required to reach a decision, the committee has decided that those on the call will represent the voting points used in that decision. Each committee member present will have one vote.
  10. Next meeting will be Friday, 28th of September 2012: Time will be decided by a Doodle Poll