Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-28-09"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "__TOC__ = Project Division Updates = *'''Pending Projects Set Up''' **TestingTheWeb: Waiting for the 5 day waiting time to run out. Then I will set it up. **OWASP University...")
 
Line 2: Line 2:
 
= Project Division Updates =
 
= Project Division Updates =
  
*'''Pending Projects Set Up'''
+
*'''Project Numbers'''
**TestingTheWeb: Waiting for the 5 day waiting time to run out. Then I will set it up.
+
**Active Projects: 112
**OWASP University Challenge: Waiting for information.
+
**Archived Projects: 41
**OWASP Hacking-Lab Project: Waiting for information.
+
**Graveyard Projects: 24
 
+
**Merged Projects: 43
*'''Pending Project Confirmations'''
+
**Forensic Guide: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
+
**Xelenium: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
+
**Intelligent Security: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
+
  
 
*'''Pending Project Donations'''
 
*'''Pending Project Donations'''
Line 19: Line 15:
 
*'''Pending New Project Leader Appointment'''
 
*'''Pending New Project Leader Appointment'''
 
**[[OWASP Stinger project|OWASP Stinger project]]  
 
**[[OWASP Stinger project|OWASP Stinger project]]  
 
* '''Inquiries to the Committee'''
 
**What is the project donation process? Keith can you elaborate on it?
 
**I have a volunteer wanting to take over a project that is inactive. We cannot get hold of the previous PL? What is the process to change leaders, if any?
 
  
 
==Currently Working On==
 
==Currently Working On==
 
*'''[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Projects Communications Restructuring]'''
 
*'''[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Projects Communications Restructuring]'''
**I have created the Projects wiki page using our wiki as we were not able to re-create the tabs on my machine
+
**Finishing this has become one of my Q4 Objectives
**I have created a placeholder logo, and I am currently working on organising information using our tab structure
+
**I continue to update this every week in addition to my other project management duties
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1dN-6GrwN-FB3Im0Ggj5dlVmxZNLs0IUigQegP1eSd8Q/edit# Projects Implementation Plan]  
 
**[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1dN-6GrwN-FB3Im0Ggj5dlVmxZNLs0IUigQegP1eSd8Q/edit# Projects Implementation Plan]  
  
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
**How to get marketing aid: Business Cards
+
**This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
 
**AppSec USA 2012 queries
 
**AppSec USA 2012 queries
 
**Travel queries
 
**Travel queries
Line 41: Line 33:
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1xek9eZqAAt-koEuhOcXE9PoVCsAZ1WZJJoLzVMVj2Ew/edit AppSec USA OSS]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1xek9eZqAAt-koEuhOcXE9PoVCsAZ1WZJJoLzVMVj2Ew/edit AppSec USA OSS]'''
**We currently have 3 confirmed attendees  
+
**We currently have 5 confirmed attendees  
**We currently have 2 pending travel funding requests: Can we decide yes or no today so I can action this immediately?
+
**Greg has agreed to our terms: We pay for his airfare if he agrees to participate as a volunteer at the conference.
 
+
**Travel requirements for Kostas have changed. He is still going to participate in the OSS, but now his airfare and hotel expenses will be paid by the OWASP Track Fund as he is now a speaker.
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/17lUJirJviEh3P-5QBcaLZnVwiniNfJORfW8Rba3-pZo/edit OWASP ZAP Project Marketing Plan]'''
+
**Here is their presentation schedule.  
**The ZAP Marketing Project Plan has been created and agreed upon
+
**We made minor adjustments to the plan based on changes in availability and budget
+
**Simon and I have met and are busy implementing our plan. Please see document for more details.  
+
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MA3TI5ssclxvheV8At_ffu2Fuic55SDpOokS3AOvBUc/edit#bookmark=id.ceef3790c8d6 DHS Host Project Funding Proposal]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MA3TI5ssclxvheV8At_ffu2Fuic55SDpOokS3AOvBUc/edit#bookmark=id.ceef3790c8d6 DHS Host Project Funding Proposal]'''
**I have completed and sent off the updated budget for our DHS Funding proposal
+
**Our DHS Funding Proposal has been approved!
**Deborah has accepted it, and after a few rounds of questioning, we have now finalised our submission
+
**We were awarded with $25K for this project.
**We hope to hear back from Deborah with the DHS decision sometime next week
+
**We are waiting for the agreement contract from Deborah, DHS Representative. 
 
+
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1f83ShmjwLpmybSVJIBhEXDxTrKuNcIPO3ok0ubAs4t8/edit Atlassian Open Source License]'''
+
**Our Atlassian PM Community Licence Application has been accepted, and we now have full access to the software
+
**The interested parties have been given their login information, and they are currently in the process of setting it up
+
**All of OWASP now has access to this software for our projects
+
  
==Events Management==
+
==More Funding Potential==
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1IY8-kygJYGrrfFwx2ySKB2IJzyXDa5YthdG4tgaNRbc/edit Events Management Task List]
+
#[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/16ZFXaML8C7aDAZdyTMDDg4BzLr1vUTOz9eqmYE8ZW8U/edit OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL]
#Document put together based on my past experience in events management, and my experience at AppSec Ireland
+
#DHS has expressed interest in funding the OWASP ESAPI Project.
#Aim is to help new events managers understand how to break down event planning in an easy to understand way
+
#I need help filling out the details of the funding proposal document.
 +
#Chris, can you elaborate on the Reboot deliverable for ESAPI?
 +
#Chris, will you have the time to lead this project through to completion?
  
 
==Important Meeting Discussion Points==
 
==Important Meeting Discussion Points==
 
# Discussion on the availability of all members.
 
# Discussion on the availability of all members.
 
# Need a head count of who is going to AppSec USA.   
 
# Need a head count of who is going to AppSec USA.   
# I must have a concrete voting decision on what to do about funding travel for Kostas and Greg.  
+
# How are we handling the Project Handbook workload?
 +
# OWASP ESAPI: Trying to get funding for this project. Who can help? 
 
   
 
   
==Important Meeting Outcomes==
 
# Leadership Transfer of OWASP Stinger Project: Will contact Eric and Jim from White Hat Security to get access to Code Repository.
 
# Jason will remain chair of the committee for the next month. We will discuss his availability once again after November 21, 2012.
 
# We have decided on what to do about the funding request. Kostas will get full funding. Greg will get approx. $435 which will cover his airfare, and we will request that he work the conference for the two days he is there.
 
# Samantha will draft up the funding acceptance letters, and send it to the committee for review. If there is no response, then Sam will send the letters to Kostas and Greg. Then Sam will inform the other committees of the GPCs decision. 
 
# Project Donations: Keith has sent over 2 documents that were previously used to donate a project. We will review these before any action is taken.
 
# Major Task: Must begin working on Project Handbook.
 
# We are continuing to meet weekly with Samantha creating weekly PM reports
 
# Samantha will contact Mark from SourceForge to see what are account situation is. Samantha will touch base with Alison to confirm what our budget is.
 
# Decision: When a vote is required to reach a decision, the committee has decided that those on the call will represent the voting points used in that decision. Each committee member present will have one vote.
 
# Next meeting will be Friday, 28th of September 2012: Time will be decided by a Doodle Poll
 
 
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2011]]
+
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]

Revision as of 14:00, 26 September 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 112
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Graveyard Projects: 24
    • Merged Projects: 43

Currently Working On

  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Information request from outside the community regarding projects
  • AppSec USA OSS
    • We currently have 5 confirmed attendees
    • Greg has agreed to our terms: We pay for his airfare if he agrees to participate as a volunteer at the conference.
    • Travel requirements for Kostas have changed. He is still going to participate in the OSS, but now his airfare and hotel expenses will be paid by the OWASP Track Fund as he is now a speaker.
    • Here is their presentation schedule.
  • DHS Host Project Funding Proposal
    • Our DHS Funding Proposal has been approved!
    • We were awarded with $25K for this project.
    • We are waiting for the agreement contract from Deborah, DHS Representative.

More Funding Potential

  1. OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
  2. DHS has expressed interest in funding the OWASP ESAPI Project.
  3. I need help filling out the details of the funding proposal document.
  4. Chris, can you elaborate on the Reboot deliverable for ESAPI?
  5. Chris, will you have the time to lead this project through to completion?

Important Meeting Discussion Points

  1. Discussion on the availability of all members.
  2. Need a head count of who is going to AppSec USA.
  3. How are we handling the Project Handbook workload?
  4. OWASP ESAPI: Trying to get funding for this project. Who can help?