Revision as of 08:58, 21 December 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 121
- Inactive Projects: 67
- Pending Project Applications
Currently Working On
- SourceForge Update
- Audrey has replied.
- She has not received payment.
- I confirmed with Alison that payment was made in the beginning of December.
- I have sent Audrey the payment details, and I am waiting to hear back from her now.
- Our account with SourceForge is now closed.
- OWASP Licenses Update
- This is the final draft of the letter: Letter.
- Dr. Gottlieb has responded with a change in license. I have made the necessary changes on our records.
- The other two projects have not responded.
- I will reach out to them before the holiday begins.
- AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
- I have now closed down the 'Call for Entries' for the Open Source Showcase.
- We received no applicants.
- The Project Track has 4 interested applicants.
- We are in the process of sorting out logistics for these potential speakers.
- New Project Web Page
- The new Project Page design is now complete.
- Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
- I plan to make this live towards the beginning of January.
- Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes
- I have not received feedback since the meeting.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- Global AppSec questions.
- Funding queries.
- Travel availability.
- Project based administrative help.
- Project status information.
- Several project donations questions.
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
- What's happening with projects, questions.
More Funding Potential
- Guidebooks Grant Payment: We have submitted the forms, and are waiting to hear back from Deb.
- ESAPI Grant Proposal: The proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is now at the peer review stage with 6 other applications.
- We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.
- Ryan and I are still developing the project plan.
- This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal.
- Samantha Groves
- Nishi Kumar
- Keith Turpin
- Kate Hartman
- Jason Li
- Geeknet: Audrey from Geeknet has not gotten back to me. I reached out to her to make sure she has received payment. I will reach out to her again come next week.
- AppSec APAC Planning: We might have to do away with the OSS at AppSec APAC 2013. There have been no applicants for this event module. We are focusing on the Projects Track, and reaching out to speakers for this.
- Project Support Volunteer Role: I have selected the candidates for these roles. They have agreed, and I am meeting with them next week to discuss their roles.
- New Project Web Page: This is mostly complete. The only information that is missing is the Assessment Criteria Page information, and the Project Terminology Information. Please edit away.
- Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes: Please have a look at the attached document and send feedback, suggestions, concerns, solutions, etc.
- Presentation Comments: Keith suggested we make a template for each lifecycle stage. This will ensure the reader is fully aware what stage the project is in within the OWASP Project Lifecycle. I agree, this is a great idea.
- We need to very clearly outline what level of usability a project will be expected to be in at each stage.
- Project Benefits Comments: It was suggested that we move the technical writing support and graphic design support benefits to the Labs stage as opposed to having this benefits for Incubator projects.
- Additional Incubator Benefit: Recognition and visibility of being associated with the OWASP Brand.