Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-21-12"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 21: Line 21:
 
**This is the final draft of the letter: [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1n3xEFUfUqd2qJ2udRn3itKtDMBnOYA9dvsIGAnFIEZM/edit Letter.]
 
**This is the final draft of the letter: [https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1n3xEFUfUqd2qJ2udRn3itKtDMBnOYA9dvsIGAnFIEZM/edit Letter.]
 
**Dr. Gottlieb has responded with a change in license. I have made the  necessary changes on our records.
 
**Dr. Gottlieb has responded with a change in license. I have made the  necessary changes on our records.
**The other two projects have not responded.  
+
**The other two project leaders have not responded.  
**I will reach out to them before the holiday begins.  
+
**I will reach out to them before the day ends.  
  
 
*'''AppSec APAC 2013: Planning'''
 
*'''AppSec APAC 2013: Planning'''
 
**I have now closed down the 'Call for Entries' for the Open Source Showcase.
 
**I have now closed down the 'Call for Entries' for the Open Source Showcase.
**We received no applicants.
+
**We received no applicants for the OSS.
 
**The Project Track has 4 interested applicants.  
 
**The Project Track has 4 interested applicants.  
 
**We are in the process of sorting out logistics for these potential speakers.   
 
**We are in the process of sorting out logistics for these potential speakers.   
 +
 +
*'''CTF at our Global AppSec Conferences'''
 +
**I spoke with Steven van der Baan about developing a CTF event module for OWASP AppSec Conferences.
 +
**We agreed that South Korea would have to pass for this year, but that we should aim for having CTF at AppSec USA, Europe, and Latin America.
 +
**Steven can get time off for USA and Europe.
 +
**Steven will need funding for hotel and travel expenses. (I will check with the foundation to see if we can do this).
 +
**The CTF module is scalable and Steven agreed to help us teach other volunteers how to run the event if he can't make it.
 +
**There is a possibility we can combine the University Challenge module with CTF. I will touch base with Martin after the holidays to see if this is possible.
 +
**Next Steps: We will begin developing a way to teach back up volunteers how to run CTF Steven's absence.
  
 
*'''New Project Web Page'''
 
*'''New Project Web Page'''
Line 36: Line 45:
  
 
*'''Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes'''
 
*'''Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes'''
**I have not received feedback since the meeting.  
+
**I have not received feedback since the last GPC meeting.
 +
**Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback.
 +
**If there is no feedback, I will assume that the proposal has no objections.  
  
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
Line 50: Line 61:
  
 
==More Funding Potential==
 
==More Funding Potential==
#Guidebooks Grant Payment: We have submitted the forms, and are waiting to hear back from Deb.  
+
#Guidebooks Grant Payment: We are still waiting to hear back from Deb regarding payment.
#ESAPI Grant Proposal: The proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is now at the peer review stage with 6 other applications.
+
#ESAPI Grant Proposal: The proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is now at the peer review stage with 6 other applications. I suspect we will hear back from the DHS after the holidays.
#We have now begun the process of grant writing for the ModSecurity Project.  
+
#Ryan and I have agreed on a project plan for the ModSecurity Project.  
#Ryan and I are still developing the project plan.  
+
#I have begun the grant writing process.
 
#This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal.
 
#This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal.
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
  
*Samantha Groves
+
*Meeting is cancelled today as most of us are already on holiday.
*Nishi Kumar
+
*Keith Turpin
+
*Kate Hartman
+
*Jason Li
+
 
+
==Announcements==
+
  
#Geeknet: Audrey from Geeknet has not gotten back to me. I reached out to her to make sure she has received payment. I will reach out to her again come next week.
 
#AppSec APAC Planning: We might have to do away with the OSS at AppSec APAC 2013. There have been no applicants for this event module. We are focusing on the Projects Track, and reaching out to speakers for this.
 
#Project Support Volunteer Role: I have selected the candidates for these roles. They have agreed, and I am meeting with them next week to discuss their roles.
 
#New Project Web Page: This is mostly complete. The only information that is missing is the Assessment Criteria Page information, and the Project Terminology Information. Please edit away.
 
#Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes: Please have a look at the attached document and send feedback, suggestions, concerns, solutions, etc.
 
#Presentation Comments: Keith suggested we make a template for each lifecycle stage. This will ensure the reader is fully aware what stage the project is in within the OWASP Project Lifecycle. I agree, this is a great idea.
 
#We need to very clearly outline what level of usability a project will be expected to be in at each stage.
 
#Project Benefits Comments: It was suggested that we move the technical writing support and graphic design support benefits to the Labs stage as opposed to having this benefits for Incubator projects.
 
#Additional Incubator Benefit: Recognition and visibility of being associated with the OWASP Brand.
 
  
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]
 
[[Category:GPC_Meetings/2012]]

Latest revision as of 12:27, 21 December 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

Currently Working On

  • SourceForge Update
    • Audrey has replied.
    • She has not received payment.
    • I confirmed with Alison that payment was made in the beginning of December.
    • I have sent Audrey the payment details, and I am waiting to hear back from her now.
    • Our account with SourceForge is now closed.
  • OWASP Licenses Update
    • This is the final draft of the letter: Letter.
    • Dr. Gottlieb has responded with a change in license. I have made the necessary changes on our records.
    • The other two project leaders have not responded.
    • I will reach out to them before the day ends.
  • AppSec APAC 2013: Planning
    • I have now closed down the 'Call for Entries' for the Open Source Showcase.
    • We received no applicants for the OSS.
    • The Project Track has 4 interested applicants.
    • We are in the process of sorting out logistics for these potential speakers.
  • CTF at our Global AppSec Conferences
    • I spoke with Steven van der Baan about developing a CTF event module for OWASP AppSec Conferences.
    • We agreed that South Korea would have to pass for this year, but that we should aim for having CTF at AppSec USA, Europe, and Latin America.
    • Steven can get time off for USA and Europe.
    • Steven will need funding for hotel and travel expenses. (I will check with the foundation to see if we can do this).
    • The CTF module is scalable and Steven agreed to help us teach other volunteers how to run the event if he can't make it.
    • There is a possibility we can combine the University Challenge module with CTF. I will touch base with Martin after the holidays to see if this is possible.
    • Next Steps: We will begin developing a way to teach back up volunteers how to run CTF Steven's absence.
  • New Project Web Page
    • The new Project Page design is now complete.
    • Please review the page, and note down any comments, changes, etc.
    • I plan to make this live towards the beginning of January.
  • Assessment Criteria, Lifecycle, and Graduation Processes
    • I have not received feedback since the last GPC meeting.
    • Please review when you get the opportunity, and provide feedback.
    • If there is no feedback, I will assume that the proposal has no objections.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • Global AppSec questions.
    • Funding queries.
    • Travel availability.
    • Project based administrative help.
    • Project status information.
    • Several project donations questions.
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates.
    • What's happening with projects, questions.

More Funding Potential

  1. Guidebooks Grant Payment: We are still waiting to hear back from Deb regarding payment.
  2. ESAPI Grant Proposal: The proposal has passed the first round of reviews. It is now at the peer review stage with 6 other applications. I suspect we will hear back from the DHS after the holidays.
  3. Ryan and I have agreed on a project plan for the ModSecurity Project.
  4. I have begun the grant writing process.
  5. This will be for a $30,000 grant proposal.

Attendees

  • Meeting is cancelled today as most of us are already on holiday.