Difference between revisions of "GPC/Meetings/2012-21-09"

From OWASP
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 25: Line 25:
  
 
==Currently Working On==
 
==Currently Working On==
*'''Projects Communications Restructuring'''  
+
*'''[https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Test2test Projects Communications Restructuring]'''
**I have begun to create the wiki template for the new OWASP Projects page.
+
**I have created the Projects wiki page using our wiki as we were not able to re-create the tabs on my machine
**I am having a bit of trouble with the tabs, but I am getting help from volunteers on how to do this.
+
**I have created a placeholder logo, and I am currently working on organising information using our tab structure
  
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
*'''Daily Project based queries and requests'''
 
**How to get marketing aid: Business Cards
 
**How to get marketing aid: Business Cards
 
**AppSec USA 2012 queries
 
**AppSec USA 2012 queries
 +
**Travel queries
 +
**Budget based questions
 +
**Funding questions
 +
**Project based administrative help
 +
**Project status information
 +
** Information request from outside the community regarding projects
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1xek9eZqAAt-koEuhOcXE9PoVCsAZ1WZJJoLzVMVj2Ew/edit AppSec USA OSS]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1xek9eZqAAt-koEuhOcXE9PoVCsAZ1WZJJoLzVMVj2Ew/edit AppSec USA OSS]'''
**We have now accepted 7 entries.
+
**We currently have 3 confirmed attendees
**Acceptance letters have now been sent out to our seven successful candidates. 
+
**We currently have 2 pending travel funding requests: Can we decide yes or no today so I can action this immediately?
**I am drafting a letter to explain logistics, travel and conference details to our attendees. 
+
  
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/13jWO7jFfe9NUVlGIddZRrnLA8G5IOTNPjogb61lbbB0/edit OWASP ZAP Project Marketing Recommendations]'''
+
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/17lUJirJviEh3P-5QBcaLZnVwiniNfJORfW8Rba3-pZo/edit OWASP ZAP Project Marketing Plan]'''
**The marketing recommendations have been agreed on by Simon and I.
+
**The ZAP Marketing Project Plan has been created and agreed upon
**The project's plan is being finished off today. 
+
**We made minor adjustments to the plan based on changes in availability and budget
**Simon and I are meeting on Monday to begin implementing his OWASP ZAP's marketing strategy
+
**Simon and I have met and are busy implementing our plan. Please see document for more details.
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MA3TI5ssclxvheV8At_ffu2Fuic55SDpOokS3AOvBUc/edit#bookmark=id.ceef3790c8d6 DHS Host Project Funding Proposal]'''
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1MA3TI5ssclxvheV8At_ffu2Fuic55SDpOokS3AOvBUc/edit#bookmark=id.ceef3790c8d6 DHS Host Project Funding Proposal]'''
**Deborah has gotten back to us with specific information on what budget specifics she needs.
+
**I have completed and sent off the updated budget for our DHS Funding proposal
**I am in the process of putting this together for her.
+
**Deborah has accepted it, and after a few rounds of questioning, we have now finalised our submission
 +
**We hope to hear back from Deborah with the DHS decision sometime next week
  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1f83ShmjwLpmybSVJIBhEXDxTrKuNcIPO3ok0ubAs4t8/edit Atlassian Open Source License]'''  
 
*'''[https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1f83ShmjwLpmybSVJIBhEXDxTrKuNcIPO3ok0ubAs4t8/edit Atlassian Open Source License]'''  
**Atlassian PM Community Licence Application: We had to re-apply for a different license with Atlassian.
+
**Our Atlassian PM Community Licence Application has been accepted, and we now have full access to the software
**The application has now been submitted. 
+
**The interested parties have been given their login information, and they are currently in the process of setting it up
**We have a 14 day wait for the results.
+
**All of OWASP now has access to this software for our projects
  
 
==Projects Communication Structure Development Update==
 
==Projects Communication Structure Development Update==

Revision as of 12:50, 20 September 2012

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Pending Projects Set Up
    • TestingTheWeb: Waiting for the 5 day waiting time to run out. Then I will set it up.
    • OWASP University Challenge: Waiting for information.
    • OWASP Hacking-Lab Project: Waiting for information.
  • Pending Project Confirmations
    • Forensic Guide: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
    • Xelenium: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
    • Intelligent Security: Waiting to hear back from the Project Leader.
  • Inquiries to the Committee
    • What is the project donation process? Keith can you elaborate on it?
    • I have a volunteer wanting to take over a project that is inactive. We cannot get hold of the previous PL? What is the process to change leaders, if any?

Currently Working On

  • Projects Communications Restructuring
    • I have created the Projects wiki page using our wiki as we were not able to re-create the tabs on my machine
    • I have created a placeholder logo, and I am currently working on organising information using our tab structure
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • How to get marketing aid: Business Cards
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Information request from outside the community regarding projects
  • AppSec USA OSS
    • We currently have 3 confirmed attendees
    • We currently have 2 pending travel funding requests: Can we decide yes or no today so I can action this immediately?
  • OWASP ZAP Project Marketing Plan
    • The ZAP Marketing Project Plan has been created and agreed upon
    • We made minor adjustments to the plan based on changes in availability and budget
    • Simon and I have met and are busy implementing our plan. Please see document for more details.
  • DHS Host Project Funding Proposal
    • I have completed and sent off the updated budget for our DHS Funding proposal
    • Deborah has accepted it, and after a few rounds of questioning, we have now finalised our submission
    • We hope to hear back from Deborah with the DHS decision sometime next week
  • Atlassian Open Source License
    • Our Atlassian PM Community Licence Application has been accepted, and we now have full access to the software
    • The interested parties have been given their login information, and they are currently in the process of setting it up
    • All of OWASP now has access to this software for our projects

Projects Communication Structure Development Update

  1. I continue to work on the tabs structure on my local machine.
  2. I am still currently organizing the documentation.

AppSec Ireland

  1. Post Conference Report
  2. AppSec Ireland 2012 Event Images

Important Meeting Outcomes and Discussion Points

  1. We need to clarify who the GPC committee chair will be.
  2. Discussion on the availability of all members.
  3. Propose a shorter term GPC member volunteer schedule.
  4. One of our PLs has submitted a $6K reimbursement.
  5. Need a head count of who is going to AppSec USA.