GPC/Meetings/2012-19-10

From OWASP
Revision as of 11:22, 1 November 2012 by Samantha Groves (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Project Division Updates

  • Project Numbers
    • Active Projects: 113
    • Archived Projects: 41
    • Graveyard Projects: 24 (Shall I just get rid of these?)
    • Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
  • Pending Project Donations:
  • Pending Incubator Project Applications:
    • OWASP Periodic Table

Currently Working On

  • AppSec USA
    • Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
    • Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc.
    • Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
    • Attended in-person board meeting.
    • One of the conference photographers.
    • Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
    • 5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
    • Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
    • Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races.
    • Misc. logistics support for the conference.
  • Salesforce Metadata Migration
    • All project data is now in Salesforce.
    • I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
    • We are currently working on create a template e-mail to send to all active project leaders asking them to update their information.
  • Project Promotion Events
    • Simon Bennetts and Jim Manico have registered to give talks at FOSDEM.
    • FOSDEM: Free and Open Source Developers' European Meeting.
    • Date: February 2nd -3rd.
    • If their applications are successful, they will have a great opportunity to promote their projects.
    • Simon is promoting ZAP.
    • Jim will be promoting OWASP Projects in general, and using several Reboot 2012 projects as examples of success stories.
    • Main track speakers get costs covered.
  • Daily Project based queries and requests
    • This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
    • AppSec USA 2012 queries
    • Travel queries
    • Budget based questions
    • Funding questions
    • Project based administrative help
    • Project status information
    • Several project donations questions
    • OWASP LinkedIn Updates
  • Projects Handbook
    • The archived Handbook
    • I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
    • Project Graduation and Release Review Processes
    • I have added an Appendix.
    • The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
    • Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
    • Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews.
    • Please have a read through it and we can discuss the items above in two weeks when we have our next meeting.
    • November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.




More Funding Potential

  1. OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
  2. I continue to put together the ESAPI Funding Proposal.
  3. I am currently looking into applying for a Google Grant.
  4. If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.