Revision as of 11:04, 1 November 2012 by Samantha Groves
Project Division Updates
- Project Numbers
- Active Projects: 113
- Archived Projects: 41
- Graveyard Projects: 24 (Shall I just get rid of these?)
- Merged Projects: 43 (I've looked through these, and it seems like we really don't need to track them individually anymore. Shall I get rid of these as well? Thoughts?)
- Pending Project Donations:
- Pending Incubator Project Applications:
- OWASP Period Table
Currently Working On
- AppSec USA
- Spent last week in Austin, Texas at AppSec USA: From Monday through Sunday.
- Took care of the logistics for the OSS presenters: Set up their booths, printed their signs, set up monitors and power cords, arranged for them to have food, water, notepads, etc.
- Hoping to bring OSS to all four OWASP Global Conferences in 2013 on a larger scale.
- Attended in-person board meeting.
- One of the conference photographers.
- Attended chapter leader workshop: Hoping to do something similar for Project Leaders.
- 5 Hour in-person staff meeting.
- Had dinner with Nishi and Keith: Thank you, guys.
- Volunteered to bartend, and won 2nd place in the armadillo races.
- Misc. logistics support for the conference.
- Daily Project based queries and requests
- This has not changed much since I began the post: questions are very similar in nature.
- AppSec USA 2012 queries
- Travel queries
- Budget based questions
- Funding questions
- Project based administrative help
- Project status information
- Several project donations questions
- OWASP LinkedIn Updates
- Projects Handbook
- The archived Handbook
- I have made more edits to the new Handbook.
- Project Graduation and Release Review Processes
- I have added an Appendix.
- The Project Donation agreement is finalised.
- Flagship Projects: I think I should keep a section in here that describes what flagship projects are, but note that this designation is given by The Foundation? Thoughts?
- Project Release Review Criteria: I need a bit of help to come up with the technical qualifying criteria for each project category for their reviews.
- Please have a read through it and we can discuss the items above in two weeks when we have our next meeting.
- November 2nd, 2012 is the next meeting.
- Projects at Global AppSec Events 2013
- I spoke with Sarah about Projects participation at all 4 OWASP 2013 Global Conferences.
- We agreed that we will continue to run OSS and OWASP Projects Track initiatives as a single Project Event Module.
- These two initiatives will be run at each of the 4 Global Conferences next year.
- Goal: To have at least 10 OSS presenters, and half a day of Open Source Project speakers at each conference.
- Currently putting together a campaign for these initiatives, and planning the logistics.
- Salesforce Metadata Migration
- I have completed collecting the data for all Active, Archived, and Merged Projects.
- I continue to work with Kate to finish the migration.
- We will do a demo today, of what we have so far in Salesforce: Please note it is still a work in progress.
More Funding Potential
- OWASP ESAPI FUNDING PROPOSAL
- I continue to put together the ESAPI Funding Proposal.
- I am currently looking into applying for a Google Grant.
- If we are successful with the Google Grant, we will be awarded $10,000 a month for use in a Google Adwords Campaign.